Which is most likely to happen this season? Awards vs team championship

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Whats most likely to happen this coming season.

Price - Vezina
Subban - Norris
Pacioretty - Rocket Richard
Plekanec - Selke
Bergevin - best gm award
Therrien - Jack Adams award
Habs - Presidents trophy.
Habs - Stanley Cup

None is not an option. Which is most LIKELY so even if u dont think any happen which is most likely?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, it's either Price for Vezina or Bergevin for GM. And what is funny is that if Price has a Vezina worthy year, Bergevin is almost sure to be nominated for GM of the year again.

That's the nature of the beast. Vezina goalie --> Coach or GM gets a nomination.

Subban for Norris is also a possibility, but he'll need to have a crazy good year. Voters will still remember that he was not a regular on team Canada.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
If we're talking most likely, definitely Subban. He's already won before. Pleks and patches aren't going to come close to their respective trophies, you can take that to the bank. Price would have to play out of his mind, vezina is less about longevity of success throughout a career and more about who has a redonkulous season. Therrien... lol. Bergevin has a respectable chance but he needs to have another sick deadline. Presidents trophy or Stanley cup? Don't see us beating Boston, LA, or Chicago, so that seems unlikely, not many teams win the Stanley cup.

So yeah, Subban. srry if that was incoherent

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Realistically, GM of the Year. Then the Vezina, then Norris. Doubt Pacioretty has it in him to pull off a Rocket if Stamkos and Ovechkin are healthy. Even then, there's still Perry to contend with, and many other good scorers like Kessel, Pavelski, etc.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Doubt Pacioretty has it in him to pull off a Rocket if Stamkos and Ovechkin are healthy. Even then, there's still Perry to contend with, and many other good scorers like Kessel, Pavelski, etc.

Pacio for Rocket Richard would be IN-SANE... but highly unlikely like you said :(

I voted Bergevin for GM of the year, as he's been on the brink of winning it last 2 years.

IMO people will have negative image on Subban and won't be putting him to the Norris unless he has a 80 points season (they always seem to have something against him but meh, I guess he's used to it by now and doesn't even care anymore).

Price will have the Vezina eventually, but it's always extremely hard to predict if there won't be a one season wonder goaltender who'll take it instead.

As for the Selke, it has officially become ''best 2-way forward award'' :shakehead so Pleks won't take it as he won't rack up points at the same rate as the Toews, Kopitar and other Datsyuks...

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Jack Adams? If anything, Therrien might reach his shelf life and the Habs will have a bad season.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
PK strikes me as the type of player that will step up big now that the contract is out of the way. I'm banking on him. Whether or not he wins the Norris, I think he'll be closest to accomplishing it out of all the other things listed.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
The award is called Jack Adams, not Jack Adam. You got it right in your post though.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Jack Adams? If anything, Therrien might reach his shelf life and the Habs will have a bad season.

Why though?

2 years ago he took a last place team to first in the division.

Last year - everyone expected the Habs to somehow sink back to bottom again, but he made it to eastern finals - and had his star goalie not gotten injured in the playoff run (AGAIN) would have had a good shot at the cup.

I get he's not the most popular of coaches, but i believe his results should speak loudly.

Not really saying he's going to win the trophy, but it just irks me that people don't want to give him the credit due.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Subban with the Norris is most likely. These individual awards have a fair amount to do with reputation. Subban is already more likely to win the Norris than price is to win the vezina without a game being played because he's already done it.... Price has not

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Why though?

2 years ago he took a last place team to first in the division.

Last year - everyone expected the Habs to somehow sink back to bottom again, but he made it to eastern finals - and had his star goalie not gotten injured in the playoff run (AGAIN) would have had a good shot at the cup.

I get he's not the most popular of coaches, but i believe his results should speak loudly.

Not really saying he's going to win the trophy, but it just irks me that people don't want to give him the credit due.

It's not to discredit him. I'm basing this on his career history. I don't wish that to happen even though he's far from my favorite coach. He has done a good job overall.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
What no Desharnais Masterton option?

20091113120829!Zack_morph.jpg

Someone Photoshop Desharnais over the black Ranger, please.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Whats most likely to happen this coming season.

Price - Vezina
Subban - Norris
Pacioretty - Rocket Richard
Plekanec - Selke
Bergevin - best gm award
Therrien - Jack Adams award
Habs - Presidents trophy.
Habs - Stanley Cup

None is not an option. Which is most LIKELY so even if u dont think any happen which is most likely?

I thought it would be fun to bump this old thread from the beginning of the season.

What an amazing season it's been for our habs. In fact - it not only exceeded expectations it exceeded even my wildest predictions as i didn't even think at the time to have Price as a hart candidate as one of the "prediction" options.

But:

Price for Vezina - Check
Subban for Norris - May not win, but is a nominee
Habs for President's cup - 2nd place isn't bad
Habs for Stanley Cup - well, it's only round 2, but so far so good

Therrien/Bergevin may even yet get nominations. And of course there's the Hart nomination from Carey too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad