Which is more of a fluke? MTL's play this year, or last year?

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
57 to 4? glad to see this board hasn't completely gone bonkers. :)

that said, we are slightly overachieving this year and a bump down to 5 or 6 is entirely in the realm of possibilituy

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I too would like the neither option.

Last year the Habs were Martin's team and Martin's system did not work. It was idiocy to expect a smallish team to play a system that requires big bodies. Plus, Martin is not known as a motivator, especially with younger players.

This year, Therrien brings an entirely new aggressive system that is suited for the players on the roster. Therrien also has shown that he trusts younger players and is doing a very good job with their on the ice development.

Night and day.

Neither were/are fluke seasons.

i know you hate martin, but you misspelled cunneyworth. when martin was fired we were at, or a game within, .500.

that one's on randy

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
A more interesting question would be to ask if the Habs would be first in the East with Martin as the head coach.

absolutely not. with count jacqula. both gallys would be in the minors, darche would be un-retired and playing first line minutes and kaberle and weber our 4th line 'energy' guys. thank the ****ing stars he, Teflon bob and vegan skeletor are gone

Valois

Feb 12, 2012
Ottawa
based on doing decently well in the two seasons beforehand and now doing well again, I'd say last year seems like the fluke. Obviously the team has changed quite a bit since then, but on paper last year shouldn't have been that bad (though the D was seriously messed up from the getgo).

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
absolutely not. with count jacqula. both gallys would be in the minors, darche would be un-retired and playing first line minutes and kaberle and weber our 4th line 'energy' guys. thank the ****ing stars he, Teflon bob and vegan skeletor are gone
Bourque would probably be loafing around. Prust just another 4th line plug. Moen on the first line, just becuase. Armstrong, well, in the pressbox.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Can I pick neither? New players and new coach. It's a different team.

Was coming it to post this. Has nothing to do with fluke, last year the team was pretty lame duck from the start and this year they aren't. Markov back and healthy, Diaz with more experience, the two "G-men" rookies in the lineup, etc. Very different team.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Last year is a 4x larger sample size, so it's only half as likely to be a fluke.

But honestly, I consider neither to be a fluke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad