Which is more likely : White plays again or gets traded?

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
I can't see White being traded unless Red Wings are sellers at deadline. Trading off a right handed dman going to the playoffs wouldn't be Holland's MO.

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
Can we even afford to trade him for a non-roster player while still in the playoff hunt?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We have 9 defenceman, if everyone is healthy some day. Sending Lashoff down would open one spot, still have to trade one.

Huskins is ideal 7th, so I would trade either White or Cola.

I still want to see what Colaiacovo has to offer, so if you can have a draft pick by trading former UFA acquisition (White) that was get for free one season ago, it's nothing but a good deal.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Huskins could get waived and sent down and it wouldn't matter much if he was to get claimed, which is unlikely. Send Lashoff down for a couple of games and let Coliacovo heal his injury for some extra time. Dmen will be needed come playoff time. Hell, pick up Hamrlik, experience is needed.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I can't see White being traded unless Red Wings are sellers at deadline. Trading off a right handed dman going to the playoffs wouldn't be Holland's MO.

It would be an uncharacteristic move for Holland but if White is sitting for the 4th? straight game he has to be getting pissed off. This is after all his UFA season and he can't appreciate not playing as much as possible to bolster his value. I think there are 4 possibilities :

1) White is nursing an injury
2) He has requested a trade/We are trying to trade him
3) The wings are showing off Quincey/Kindl
4) He's in the doghouse

I think if he sits another game he'll go to the media and tell them he has requested a trade. I still think if we trade him we will get at the very least a 2nd for him, hopefully a 2nd+3rd. In a very deep draft like this one is said to be trading away expendable pieces for assets is very smart. It would allow us to go for a couple home run picks in the draft and really allow us to trade some of the bottled necked pieces for upgrades if an opportunity presented itself.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Huskins could get waived and sent down and it wouldn't matter much if he was to get claimed, which is unlikely. Send Lashoff down for a couple of games and let Coliacovo heal his injury for some extra time. Dmen will be needed come playoff time. Hell, pick up Hamrlik, experience is needed.

Huskins has played well enough and has enough experience that someone would probably snag him if they waived him. He's the kind of guy that fetches mid-round picks from desperate buyers at the deadline.

I say send Lashoff down for a minute, bring CC back in, put him back on IR after he gets injured again, deal Huskins for a pick, and then call Lashoff back up. Bada-boom-bada-bing-bang-boom.

As far as White goes, I think they'll hold onto him for depth unless someone offers them a big bounty for him. He's another guy that could bring a decent return at the deadline.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Huskins has played well enough and has enough experience that someone would probably snag him if they waived him. He's the kind of guy that fetches mid-round picks from desperate buyers at the deadline.

I say send Lashoff down for a minute, bring CC back in, put him back on IR after he gets injured again, deal Huskins for a pick, and then call Lashoff back up. Bada-boom-bada-bing-bang-boom.

As far as White goes, I think they'll hold onto him for depth unless someone offers them a big bounty for him. He's another guy that could bring a decent return at the deadline.

Wait, what? I think it's commonly accepted to be "bada-bing-bada-boom." As Barney Gumble once said, "Go back to Russia!" :p:

That said, I agree with your points on the potential return we could get for our excess (if they EVER all get healthy at the same time) D-men. Even if the Wings are contenders, Holland has to look to move at least one of the veteran guys at the deadline. White and CC get the biggest returns as they are the only legit top 4 guys we'd look to move. But someone would bite on Huskins, too. And Quincey (for that salary, please God, make Kenny move Q at the deadline).

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Wait, what? I think it's commonly accepted to be "bada-bing-bada-boom." As Barney Gumble once said, "Go back to Russia!" :p:

That said, I agree with your points on the potential return we could get for our excess (if they EVER all get healthy at the same time) D-men. Even if the Wings are contenders, Holland has to look to move at least one of the veteran guys at the deadline. White and CC get the biggest returns as they are the only legit top 4 guys we'd look to move. But someone would bite on Huskins, too. And Quincey (for that salary, please God, make Kenny move Q at the deadline).

Haven't you ever seen The Usual Suspects? Geez...

I don't think any of those guys would be top 4 on a playoff team, but yeah, they'd still have trade value.

Oduya brought a 2nd and a 3rd last year.
Ditto for Grossman.
White brought a 2nd at the deadline 2 years ago.

There is opportunity here to stockpile picks by dealing players that aren't particularly useful anyway.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Haven't you ever seen The Usual Suspects? Geez...

I don't think any of those guys would be top 4 on a playoff team, but yeah, they'd still have trade value.

Oduya brought a 2nd and a 3rd last year.
Ditto for Grossman.
White brought a 2nd at the deadline 2 years ago.

There is opportunity here to stockpile picks by dealing players that aren't particularly useful anyway.

It's been a few years since I've seen Verbal Kint in action- my apologies. But no credit for quoting one of the best Simpsons episodes of all time? Thought I'd tee one up for you.

And yeah, I don't want any of those guys in our top 4, but we've accumulated bottom pairing guys as if Kenny was on an episode of Hoarders. Definitely think we should cash in at least one of those guys at the deadline for picks. I think some teams, if desperate for help on the blueline heading into the PO's, may fool themselves into thinking White/Q/CC could bolster their top 4 or PP/PK.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
It's been a few years since I've seen Verbal Kint in action- my apologies. But no credit for quoting one of the best Simpsons episodes of all time? Thought I'd tee one up for you.

And yeah, I don't want any of those guys in our top 4, but we've accumulated bottom pairing guys as if Kenny was on an episode of Hoarders. Definitely think we should cash in at least one of those guys at the deadline for picks. I think some teams, if desperate for help on the blueline heading into the PO's, may fool themselves into thinking White/Q/CC could bolster their top 4 or PP/PK.

th_1267707034727.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad