Which is more impressive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Which performance do you find more impressive?

Rob Schremp in the OHL: 55gp, 52g, 87a, 139pts.

or

Patrick O'Sullivan in the AHL: 63gp, 42g, 36a, 78pts.

I know, yet another Schremp O'Sullivan thread, but I guess I'd like some opinions on the comparative difficulty of their achievements, in a minor vs junior league kind of way.

They both play on rather stacked teams, so fire away.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Oh god not another Schremp vs O'Sullivan thread..

They are both huge talents, can't we just leave it at that?

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
It's not a question of who is better as a prospect, but as impressive as O'Sullivan's performance has been (and it's been very good), Schremp's dominance in the OHL this season is more noteworthy, as far as I'm concerned.

It's just a sentimental question really, and for me I'm more excited about leading the OHL in scoring (in a big way) than about leading AHL rookies in scoring.

Again, it's no relfection on either guy's relative status as a prospect.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Bookman said:
Which performance do you find more impressive?

Rob Schremp in the OHL: 55gp, 52g, 87a, 139pts.

or

Patrick O'Sullivan in the AHL: 63gp, 42g, 36a, 78pts.

I know, yet another Schremp O'Sullivan thread, but I guess I'd like some opinions on the comparative difficulty of their achievements, in a minor vs junior league kind of way.

They both play on rather stacked teams, so fire away.

i would say purely on stats that scoring at that pace in the ahl is more impressive..
the ahl is way more competitive.. look at staal he was slightly over 1ppg last year in ahl.. ( although last years ahl was stacked)

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Leachmeister2000 said:
I'd go with O'sullivan's season, guys who dominate in the OHL at 19 are a dime a dozen.
Every season someone leads the OHL in scoring, and every season someone leads AHL rookies in scoring. If that means "dime a dozen," well, okay . . . But I think both performaces are pretty amazing.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd go with O'Sullivan. Corey Locke racked up 150 pts when he was 18. Personally I don't put all that much into high scoring against 16-19 year old players but that's just me.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
O'Sullivan of course, but its kinda apples to oranges. What's to say that Schremp can't/won't do the same thing in the A?

Transported Upstater

Why do Rob and Patrick always get compared so much????

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
cuz they both were well known in the OHL, both can be cocky lol......and i think they both played in missagua (SP) for a while, schremp had a brief stint there eh, O'sullivan a few years.

They are just dynamic players, with good tools. Both aren't the biggest guys in the world, but can do crazy stuff with the puck.

Transported Upstater

Chrisd said:
cuz they both were well known in the OHL, both can be cocky lol......and i think they both played in missagua (SP) for a while, schremp had a brief stint there eh, O'sullivan a few years.

They are just dynamic players, with good tools. Both aren't the biggest guys in the world, but can do crazy stuff with the puck.

I don't know, I guess I don't see them as similar players.

My view on Schremp is positively/negatively skewed on the fact that he's from my hometown area and I saw him play before he hit the OHL. He's a totally different player now.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
For me, it's not so much O'Sullivan's numbers that are impressive, but the fact that as a 20 year old he's 5th in AHL scoring. That is pretty impressive, no matter what numbers he's putting up.

As for Schremp, his OHL numbers are impressive, but every year it seems some 19 year old puts up great numbers in junior, which don't always translate into pro success.

That said, it wouldn't suprise me at all if Schremp played in the NHL next year, at 20 years old. Or if he's in the AHL, if he equalled or surpassed O'Sullivan's numbers.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
O'Sullivan's season is far more impressive because of the quality of competition in the league he's playing in. His play has reinforced the idea that he is one of the most talented players from his draft class, and warranted a much higher selection. I still can't believe so many GM's were blinded by so-called "character" issues. :shakehead

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
O'Sullivan's AHL performance is more impressive to me. If he scored 15 goals and 30 points in the NHL this year instead, that'd be more impressive to me too than 150 points in the OHL, especially the OHL this year. It's not purely about the numbers.

That said, I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see Schremp do as well in the AHL next year, or skip that level entirely and outplay O'Sullivan in the NHL. So it's not a particularly meaningful comparison to begin with. :dunno:

P.S. Any "character" kids available in this year's draft? Watch them shoot up in the rankings now!

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
a boy scoring a good amount against men is more impressive then a boy scoring tons against kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad