which is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Which Gold medal do you as team canada fans liked more?

The 2005 one where the canadians steam rolled everyone

or

The 2006 one where Canada was an unlikely champion and not pre-tourney fav.

for me personally i loved this years one more than the 2005 verision for the simple fact they played exactly the canadian style of game. Ba!!s to the wall, Hitting, Defense and scoring.

While even thouhg the 2005 verison was dominating i wasn't intrested in their games as much.

Geese_Howard*

2005 that team was too fun to watch, going into games knowing your gonna whoop the other teams @ss is a fun thing :D

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
xtra said:
Which Gold medal do you as team canada fans liked more?

The 2005 one where the canadians steam rolled everyone

or

The 2006 one where Canada was an unlikely champion and not pre-tourney fav.

for me personally i loved this years one more than the 2005 verision for the simple fact they played exactly the canadian style of game. Ba!!s to the wall, Hitting, Defense and scoring.

While even thouhg the 2005 verison was dominating i wasn't intrested in their games as much.

Actually, this team did steamroll the competition. Look at the final stats.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Overall, 2005 was a better tournament to watch, but the 2006 gold medal game and watching this team win their medals was one of my favorite WJC moments.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
there was 2 Islanders on this years team compared to 1 last year, so i will go with this one:P

in all honesty though i would say being the underdog is better.

Oil_slick9416*

this years, based soley on the fact that they sang og canada so badly...reminds me of the midst of the drive for 5...

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
I thought from the start, and still think, that those billing Canada as underdogs were out to lunch. They were in my eyes about equal to Russia and the USA, but it turned out that home ice advantage, coaching, and most importantly ridiculous team defense (part of this is coaching, but part of this is intensely defensively skilled players) put them over the top and made them a pretty clear winner. Overall, this was my favourite hockey tournament of any kind ever, just because I got to experience it so deeply being at every single game in Vancouver. Man, I really wish it was here every year.

Nihilism

May 2, 2003
Canada
They're both enjoyable.

The 05 team was untouchable. They where simply too good.

But anytime you can win at home it's a huge thrill. First time I believe Canada has won at home in this tournament since 1990. Since than, they've lost two one-goal gold medal games to Russia at home. So winning 5-0 was pretty sweet.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Last year was sweat but this year was just a wee bit sweeter. These guys really worked hard for it. This gold medal game is going down as one of my all-time favourites :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille