Which Iron Men are HHoF worthy?

• Total voters

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
thumbs-up-iron-man-jpg.29107186

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
The day Matt Cullen or Scott Mellanby make the HOF just burn the place to the ground and start over.

Jagr, Thornton, Chara are obvious no brainers and not even sure what the point of voting on them is. Noone else I would want in my HOF.

Could see voters eventually putting Marleau and Suter in but neither deserve to be so hopefully not.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
First 4.

Marleau - longevity/games played
Jagr - enough said
Thornton - see above
Chara - see above

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
You just double tagged me again lol, do you know what it means.
@Golden_Jet You're confused. Using @ once is single tagging. You probably have the paranoid notification setting turned on of being notified when someone replies to your posts. You have a history of criticizing my posts. Your need to do so is unhealthy.

Both my grandfathers died in WWII fighting against Bobby Hull's beliefs and like many posters I've pmed with over the years, I don't appreciate your username. BOBBY HULL TO MOSCOW PAPER: HITLER HAD SOME GOOD IDEAS

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Jagr, Thornton and Chara are locks. Marleau will probably get in due to the games played record though I don’t believe he should. Brind’Amour might, and I wonder if his coaching career might have an impact on that even though players and builders are separated. Suter I wouldn’t completely write off but it’s unlikely. The others, no way.

@Golden_Jet You're confused. Using @ once is single tagging. You probably have the paranoid notification setting turned on of being notified when someone replies to your posts. You have a history of criticizing my posts.

Both my grandfathers died in WWII fighting against Bobby Hull's beliefs and like many posters I've pmed with over the years, I don't appreciate your username. BOBBY HULL TO MOSCOW PAPER: HITLER HAD SOME GOOD IDEAS

He means you’re both quoting and tagging him, which is unnecessary because you get an alert for both. Why would alerts for replies be a paranoid setting?

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
... He means you’re both quoting and tagging him, which is unnecessary because you get an alert for both. Why would alerts for replies be a paranoid setting?
No, you don't unless you turn that notification on. It's not the default setting. Healthy well-adjusted people don't need to know if someone quotes them.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
@Golden_Jet You're confused. Using @ once is single tagging. You probably have the paranoid notification setting turned on of being notified when someone replies to your posts. You have a history of criticizing my posts. Your need to do so is unhealthy.

Tripled down on double tagging, go for 4.
Since your being obtuse ( or let’s hope that’s it)

Reply is one tag, ZERO need for an @, it’s the same thing. So yes you constantly keep double tagging, please stop.

Do you double tag every poster? Your the only poster on HFB doing it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I could see Marleau getting in because of the games played record. Points per game isn’t great, but 1779 gp is just insane.

He shouldn't get in just because he played the most games. It's impressive sure, but he had no business even being in the league his last season and the Sharks only signed him as a favour.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Jagr, Thorton, Chara are easy.

Then it gets tough. Marleau is the most borderline of borderline cases. The biggest case of a "compiler" imaginable...but that in and of itself, it something of a noteworthy achievement i think. But still on the fringes.

Rod'Bod is going to be one of those weird cases of a guy who has continued building his "HoF resume" long after retiring. And he wasn't that far off in the first place.

Suter is tough because he was "one of the best" for so darn long. He outlasted so many of his peers as a Top-5/10 Defenceman. But i think the lack of ever really hitting that "best" peak is a big hurdle for him.

Mellanby should be in just for killing a rat one time or whatever. Because to me, that's what the HoF should really be about. The stories and the fabric of hockey.

Reactions: DaveG

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Mellanby should be in just for killing a rat one time or whatever. Because to me, that's what the HoF should really be about. The stories and the fabric of hockey.

I agree. I'd much rather see that than some magic point per game or award compilation club.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I voted Jagr, Thornton and Chara only

But I'm actually pretty open minded when it comes to ironman streaks and honoring such players. Marleau would be a low bar for hall of fame based on level of play/achievments - but if he's voted in on the basis of his games played, I'd be fine with it, I think it's a worthy accomplishment worth celebrating.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00