Which Hughes finishes higher in Calder voting Jack or Quinn?

higher in 2019-20 Calder voting?

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Feel like it'll be Jack. Forwards tend to rule the trophy, and while some have questioned his NHL readiness, 1st overalls generally have decent success regardless and I'm sure the Devils will give him plenty of opportunity. I've liked what I've seen from Quinn so far, but rookie dmen rarely score over 40 points and given the state of the Canucks, a 30+ point season should be seen as a success. Given how far down Heiskanen was as a 33 point damn last year with much better defense, it's hard to see Quinn finishing ahead unless either Jack is really not ready or Quinn surprises with 45+ points. The hype of a 1st overall, and an American in a US market plays into Jack's chances as well.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Feel like it'll be Jack. Forwards tend to rule the trophy, and while some have questioned his NHL readiness, 1st overalls generally have decent success regardless and I'm sure the Devils will give him plenty of opportunity. I've liked what I've seen from Quinn so far, but rookie dmen rarely score over 40 points and given the state of the Canucks, a 30+ point season should be seen as a success. Given how far down Heiskanen was as a 33 point damn last year with much better defense, it's hard to see Quinn finishing ahead unless either Jack is really not ready or Quinn surprises with 45+ points. The hype of a 1st overall, and an American in a US market plays into Jack's chances as well.

Alot really depends on opportunity and Quinn has the opportunity to be the Canucks PP QB.

I think Jack will not get enough combination of PP and playing with Hall but if he does play with Hall all season that would help Jack a ton.

I'm very surprised by the results (but then again it's the middle of the workday on the west coast) as people are reading way too much into the preseason.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
With how they’ve played so far, I’d give the nod to Quinn. He has been electric in his games

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Predicted Quinn before the season and nothing has changed.

I doubt Jack is even a threat for the top 5.

He just isn't quite ready yet.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I boldly claimed Q Hughes would have the better career (partially in troll) and I stand by it

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
I picked Quinn to win it before the season and put a sawbuck on it so I gotta stick with him for now. That dude in buffalo is pissing me off right now though :p

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad