Which Habs Forward will be Waived or Traded when all players are healthy?

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Can we please give him a full season before we decide to waive him?
Ive been telling my buddies this, but ffs Sherbak needs ice time to properly develop, you cant throw him on the 4th line and expect him to prosper. Tough part is figuring out where he goes and who to replace, but get Armia down from the top 2 lines and give Sherbak a fair crack. Kids prob one of the most skilled players we have, if he doesnt figure it out, waive/trade him then, but I feel if we get rid of him now we will regret it when he blooms somewhere else

Reactions: Stive Morgan

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Lefebvre + missing games because of injuries may have ruined him a bit

Honestly, I don't expect a team picking him up on waivers

Phozzwald

Oct 16, 2007
Newfoundland
What I would do is keep him in the stands/practicing with the team until there's an injury. He doesn't play the way we want to play - fast and not turning the puck over. If he can learn to do that, he'll be great, imo. So I wouldn't trade him unless there's a player with a lot of potential coming the other way.

I'd waive Plekanec, DLR, and D-Lo before waiving Scherbak. But we only need to waive 2 players if we're ever 100% healthy.

I’d add Schlemko and Benn to that list as well, even though Benn has had a good start.

Reactions: strongcomp05

Phozzwald

Oct 16, 2007
Newfoundland
Ive been telling my buddies this, but ffs Sherbak needs ice time to properly develop, you cant throw him on the 4th line and expect him to prosper. Tough part is figuring out where he goes and who to replace, but get Armia down from the top 2 lines and give Sherbak a fair crack. Kids prob one of the most skilled players we have, if he doesnt figure it out, waive/trade him then, but I feel if we get rid of him now we will regret it when he blooms somewhere else

I had him pegged in the top 6 myself. He isn’t defensive enough for the bottom 2 lines. Needs to be in an offensive role. I’d hate to give up on him as well and see him become a star else where. His work ethic needs to be better to get into this line up though. He didn’t do enough in preseason. I absolutely love Armia, but it would be interesting to see him on a line with Drouin and Kotkaniemi and see what happens. Hard to do now as well with the way they’ve played in the first 2 games

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018
Ideally we'd see what the kid has before we do anything but it may be too late. We have a ridiculous amount of mid-tier depth at wing and that is going to force management's hand.

I was pretty sure guys like Lernout and BigMac etc would make it through waivers... im far less confident with Scherbak. In fact, I bet pretty heavily he'd get picked up. So that should not be an option.

Obviously if some rival GM sees enough in him that they want to offer us a quality prospect at a different position we're not so strong at, im fine with that but it seems unlikely. I think we need to either wave guys like DLR or Plekanec, or we need to try to trade NS.

I would look strongly into a Scherbak + Alzner for 1 player deal. We may not get much because Alzner has to be seen as a negative value right now but I think that may still be worth it.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
This is a high skill guy and I dont want to see him go anywhere until we have seen him play some good minutes with some good players. I want to know what we have and I dont think we do yet.

I think you could send Peca down as I just dont see teams biting at that contract for what I have seen from him.

I want both DLR and Scherbak to have a better chance this year as they ended off the year well for us last season.

Now if there is no place for Scherbak and he is done here, you cant let him go for nothing or some middle round pick. The best to do is a trade like LSWA proposed. And I do like the player he suggested in Larsson, top 4 potential there.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I would look strongly into a Scherbak + Alzner for 1 player deal. We may not get much because Alzner has to be seen as a negative value right now but I think that may still be worth it.

That would actually be a great use of a player who, realistically, has no roster spot. Like Alzner + Sherback for a shorter dump.

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018
Personally id be more inclined to put Hudon at centre on that 4th line, DLo on the left and Scherbak on the right. Hudon used to be be dynamite at centre & I have a hard time believing he'd be worse than Peca, Plekanec or DLR there.

Waive DLR if necessary. Waive or trade Pleks once he has his 1000th game.

Im sure this wont happen. I dont mind too much as long as we dont do something stupid like waive Scherbak or trade him for very little.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Isn't Dlo on IR? If so, how do you waive him? He's not taking up a spot.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
What if the grain is wrong?

Plekanec had a great career! It should end there. The guy deserves some respect! I feel zero respect for him around here!

With the farm team so close it shouldn't a problem.

who freaking care if he had a great career
hes been terrible since start of the camp and hes healthy scratch on a team that wont even make playoffs

make him play his 1000th match and waive or trade him. Hes not needed in this lineup at all right now and will not be needed unless 5 players are injured. He got his paycheck , he can go play in laval and finish his season there , Its a buisness who cares about '' hes a habs'' lets play him 1 more season and waste a spot for a young player to see him shoot in goalies chest more and more .

He got his money and he will have his 1000th match , habs giving him privileges makes 0 sense.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Isn't Dlo on IR? If so, how do you waive him? He's not taking up a spot.

I think it was implied that he'd be waived after coming back from IR.

But... I don't know... Waiving a player who was a regular last season once he's back from an injury that happened during a fight... That doesn't sound like good pratice to me.

He'll probably be eligible for a conditionning stint, which he might need.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Waive/Trade de la rose and Dlo

De la rose really doesnt have a future in Montreal anymore
We have at center: kotkaniemi, poehling, suzuki, peca, danault, evans, vedjemo, olofsson, etc.

so you'd keep Plekanec over DLR and D-lo? Plekanec doesn't hvae a future in the NHL. If you waive Plekanec, who's next, DLR or D-Lo? which one do you waive?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Still early after 2 games but the question still need to be answered: Will Kotkaniemi stay for more than 9 games?
That's a roster spot.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Cue @Runner77 or @Bloumeister with the A new hope Jake Evans poster.

fcrIVcP.gif

Reactions: Peanut and Mrb1p

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
I'd be OK with the Sherbak + Alzner trade scenario, but it would be dumb to lose him on waivers instead of DLR or Deslauriers -or Pleks. Not that I don't like them, but their upside is pretty limited and we're not going anywhere in the near future. Give Sherbak some ice time for a couple of months. If he sucks, then waive or trade him. It's the ideal time to see if he's part of the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad