Which Habs Forward will be Waived or Traded when all players are healthy?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You seem to only want to go against the grain.

He's been using the same modus operandi for years now.

He baits posters into arguments and when he gets schooled on them as it always happens, he turns to insutling epithets and walks away with parting shots like "laughable", "that's bullshit" and "pathetic."

He's not worth your time.

Reactions: WhiskeySeven*

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
At forward:
No way we should keep Pleks over Scherbak and DLR.
It gets more complicated when we consider Deslauriers. I definitely say Scherbak over D-lo, but lean toward D-lo over DLR.

On defense:
Easy: keep the 7 best, waive or try to trade the rest
Weber
Petry
Mete
Juulsen
Reilly
Ouellet
Benn/Schlemko

waive: Benn/Schlemko,

I liked Benn as a #6 dman when we got him at the deadline and think he can do well again in that role. I don't think Schlemko is all that solid defensively, isn't that great of a puck mover, and we already have good puck movers better than him.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
with Weber and Schlemko back, Ouellet is out
If Weber is back, Benn or Juulsen
If Schlemko is back, Alzner or Ouellet

For a F, trade Plekanec in the very near future, put DLR on the roster.

When DLo comes back, decide between him, Scherbak and Peca. I would waive Peca as no one will claim him.

Or someone else gets hurt and we don'gt have to make Sophie's choice.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Yes, I'm against selling everything over 25 years old of age as a great rebuild logic.
Plekanec, who is closer to 40 than 30 and is a scratch and hasn't played a game this year. Do you oppose trading him for assets?

What kind of mental gymnastics did you go through to get to that conclusion?
Plekanec, who is closer to 40 than 30 and is a scratch and hasn't played a game this year. Do you oppose trading him for assets?

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
If Weber is back, Benn or Juulsen
If Schlemko is back, Alzner or Ouellet

For a F, trade Plekanec in the very near future, put DLR on the roster.

When DLo comes back, decide between him, Scherbak and Peca. I would waive Peca as no one will claim him.

Or someone else gets hurt and we don'gt have to make Sophie's choice.

I wouldn't touch juulsen . He is a top 4 right now and plays great with Reilly (sp?)

Alzner, Benn and Ouellet are expandables

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I wouldn't touch juulsen . He is a top 4 right now and plays great with Reilly (sp?)

It would send a hell of a message if they waived Alzner. Not an undeserved one either - he's been brutal and hasn't improved his performance.

Been had a good game and Ouellet just joined and did well.

If they have to waive a forward, things could get marginally more interesting... so many depth players to choose from...

Reactions: Runner77

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

That's not what we talked about before though...

Again, this is not as easy as some think IMO....

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
No, I'm not appose to it. Where did you get the idea I was? Because I said Pleky deserves some respect?
Because you said that in agreement with Belial who stated "Plekanec had a great career! It should end there."

As I understood it, "there" means Montreal where Plekanec has graciously agreed to return after graciously agreeing to be traded to Toronto. Now he's graciously providing mentorship services from the hotdog lounge.

If he's that important to the team, in your eyes, you should stake your claim that you don't want him dealt this season at all. Otherwise there is no functional difference between trading him now or later, especially if there's a risk of losing a skilled but uncertain 1st rounder or other young players in order to hold onto him.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
That's not what we talked about before though...

Again, this is not as easy as some think IMO....
So do you oppose trading Plekanec this season - yes or no?

If you want to get into a conversation (that's what we're here for, non?) let's have a conversation!! What's the point of evading my argument and sidestepping it every time??

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Obviously if Kotka continues to play well it won't be him, or they could decide he needs seasoning and send him down.

They could waive D'Lo. I can't see them waiving DLR.

To me, if we ever get fully healthy, after waiving Plekanec, it's between D'Lo and DLR. I want to hang on to Scherbak to see how much he can be molded. So back to D-lo vs. DLR. On the one hand, I'm not sure D-Lo fits the speed of this team. On the other hand at least he's shown he brings something: toughness and some offense. Imo, DLR has shown nothing. He got beat out by Froese last year and this year Peca beat him out. Still he's young and may have room to develop. His speed fits in more with this team. It's a tough call.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Yep, I was just saying to my wife: "look at Benn, Ouellett and Alzner - they are so expandable. Last week they were so much smaller, but now that they have expanded so much, the other team can't get over the blue line!!"

Reactions: llamateizer

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
To me, if we ever get fully healthy, after waiving Plekanec, it's between D'Lo and DLR. I want to hang on to Scherbak to see how much he can be molded. So back to D-lo vs. DLR. On the one hand, I'm not sure D-Lo fits the speed of this team. On the other hand at least he's shown he brings something: toughness and some offense. Imo, DLR has shown nothing. He got beat out by Froese last year and this year Peca beat him out. Still he's young and may have room to develop. His speed fits in more with this team. It's a tough call.

Froese was a vet benefitting from Chu Rien's ridiculous pecking order. DeLaRose showed very well after the trade deadline, and he produced points in the pre-season too, this time with average or below average linemates.

We don't really know for sure if Peca beat him out, but we do know DLR is better defensively. When we were two men short against Toronto in the preseason, he was one of the guys we used.

Reactions: 417

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
They should have never brought Plekanef back in the first place. I dont see them waiving him now though. I'd be surprised if they did that.

Its likely going to be a Scherbak trade. Or a DLR trade. Both will get claimed off waivers if exposed.

I can't see them waiving Peca, who has a decent chance at getting claimed. I think he has a very good camp and would rather see him as our 4th C than DLR anyway. And I dont see them waiving Deslaurier either, who they just extended and seemingly really like.

I think whoever you waive, is likely going to get claimed. So you either trade someone and hopefully get something back, or probably lose someone for nothing.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It would send a hell of a message if they waived Alzner. Not an undeserved one either - he's been brutal and hasn't improved his performance.

Been had a good game and Ouellet just joined and did well.

If they have to waive a forward, things could get marginally more interesting... so many depth players to choose from...

In an ideal world, if they need to demote someone -- it should be between Plekanec and Alzner. Plekanec has a 1000th game to log into the books as a Hab. And I'm not sure Bouchard would be happy to see Alzner get through waivers and take up ice time best used on someone else.

Reactions: 417

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They should have never brought Plekanef back in the first place. I dont see them waiving him now though. I'd be surprised if they did that.

Its likely going to be a Scherbak trade. Or a DLR trade. Both will get claimed off waivers if exposed.

I can't see them waiving Peca, who has a decent chance at getting claimed. I think he has a very good camp and would rather see him as our 4th C than DLR anyway. And I dont see them waiving Deslaurier either, who they just extended and seemingly really like.

I think whoever you waive, is likely going to get claimed. So you either trade someone and hopefully get something back, or probably lose someone for nothing.

It's going to be interesting. I expect a trade or someone else getting placed on IR. However, I can't imagine JDLR or Scherbak being waived.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Waive/Trade de la rose and Dlo

De la rose really doesnt have a future in Montreal anymore
We have at center: kotkaniemi, poehling, suzuki, peca, danault, evans, vedjemo, olofsson, etc.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What the Montreal Canadiens can do with Nikita Scherbak - Last Word on Hockey

A decision will have to be made regarding the skilled forward. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

What I would do is keep him in the stands/practicing with the team until there's an injury. He doesn't play the way we want to play - fast and not turning the puck over. If he can learn to do that, he'll be great, imo. So I wouldn't trade him unless there's a player with a lot of potential coming the other way.

I'd waive Plekanec, DLR, and D-Lo before waiving Scherbak. But we only need to waive 2 players if we're ever 100% healthy.

Reactions: Phozzwald

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->