Which Habs Forward will be Waived or Traded when all players are healthy?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
HF Habs: no one wants to sign in Montreal because of our bush league management.

Also HF Habs:
Pleks shouldn't have been re-signed to begin with. And with Kotkaniemi's rapid development, there is even less room for Plekanec. There is nothing wrong with trading him, it isn't immoral or unprofessional and frankly it's probably expected. He's been benched two games out of two already.

Reactions: BLONG7

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don't think a free agent cares about that. I think they would care about a guy signing a contract and getting trade two games in.
Plekanec is a bad example because you will rarely see an coveted UFA sign a one year deal.

Plekanec signed here because he's a real Hab, I never understood the hate for this guy...

Maybe not the hate but the blatant disrespect!

He's viewed as a nothing around here! Pathetic IMO! An amazing player that gave his 100% for his entire career...

But hey who am I kidding, no spinoramas and sexy one timers... You're f***ing trash...

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Plekanec is a bad example because you will rarely see an coveted UFA sign a one year deal.

Plekanec signed here because he's a real Hab, I never understood the hate for this guy...

Maybe not the hate but the blatant disrespect!

He's viewed as a nothing around here! Pathetic IMO! An amazing player that gave his 100% for his entire career...

But hey who am I kidding, no spinoramas and sexy one timers... You're ****ing trash...
You seem to only want to go against the grain.

Plekanec had a good career, I wouldn't call it amazing. He wasn't particularly skillful and his peak unfortunately coincided with the most boring Habs years with boring attacks. That he managed 65+ points multiple times is really impressive, wouldn't have thought it looking at him play.

As for disrespect and all... he shouldn't have been a Hab this year. It's a victory lap year for him and an easy 2.5m+ in his bank. He's not crying, believe me.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Scherbak probably. After that tough call maybe Kotka gets sent to Laval.

We should trade Pleks. See if Chicago still wants him.

If Scherbak is traded, we would demote a starting C in order to leave room for Pleks and Deslauriers? What??

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You seem to only want to go against the grain.

Plekanec had a good career, I wouldn't call it amazing. He wasn't particularly skillful and his peak unfortunately coincided with the most boring Habs years with boring attacks. That he managed 65+ points multiple times is really impressive, wouldn't have thought it looking at him play.

As for disrespect and all... he shouldn't have been a Hab this year. It's a victory lap year for him and an easy 2.5m+ in his bank. He's not crying, believe me.

What if the grain is wrong?

Plekanec had a great career! It should end there. The guy deserves some respect! I feel zero respect for him around here!

Can't go with only 6 D and 15 F, especially if Deslauriers is not one of the F.

With the farm team so close it shouldn't a problem.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Plekanec had a great career! It should end there. The guy deserves some respect! I feel zero respect for him around here!

With the farm team so close it shouldn't a problem.

I agree with you on this one. Pleky deserves respect. He accepted to go to the Leafs for a playoff run and did very well. He decided to come back to the Habs afterwards in a mentorship role. Not many players would do this for the Habs.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Ouellet? Are you guys fighting for the title of who is gonna come up with the most illogical suggestion?

Need to make room for a forward, so let's send down a... d-men who plays in the top6. So we can have 3 healthy scratched forwards and no D close by when we're playing on the road.

And Karl Alzner back as an everyday player.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If by "get rid" you mean they should have traded him when his value was highest.

Yes

Yes I agree, in 2012 when the Habs should of rebuilt! I wasn't on these boards then but that's what I wanted. But what happened happened. Pleky deserves respect for being loyal to the Habs. I respect him willing to take a 1 year mentorship contract

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ouellet? Are you guys fighting for the title of who is gonna come up with the most illogical suggestion?

Need to make room for a forward, so let's send down a... d-men who plays in the top6. So we can have 3 healthy scratched forwards and no D close by when we're playing on the road.

And Karl Alzner back as an everyday player.

Hey man... don't make fun of the lose for Hughes bandwagon people! :sarcasm:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I guess I missed the deal the Rocket has with the AHL where they only play at home this season...

Trying to sound smart is great but my point still stands... When the team was playing in St John it was quite more difficult logistically to call up someone...

It makes logic long-term... Ouelett won't probably get claimed... If someone indeed gets injured and you can't recall someone just play DLR on D! Pretty sure that kid would do great as a D.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I doubt everybody will get healthy at the same times.....probably other injuries will level everything.
But if it's happenning, for me it's simple : Alzner is on the top of the list.

After that, it's a whole different story. I don't think it's about getting rid of the players that don't have great value....i see it as an occasion to make a trade to get what this team needs.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Scherbak is probably going to be traded for depth players or a 5th.

First rounders last ten years:
Kotkaniemi - top3 pick
Poehling - unknown
Sergachev - traded for a 40-50 points winger
Juulsen - just breaking through, hasn't produced a lick
Scherbak - bust
McCarron - bust
Galchenyuk - 50ish point player
Beaulieu - just about done in the NHL, ~20 point d-man who is bad at d
Tinordi - bust in NHL, 10 point d-man who is bad in general
Louis Leblanc - bust in NHL, headcase

For fun, the ten years before:
Pacioretty - great NHLer
McDonagh - great NHLer (overrated by many)
Fischer - mega bust
Price - fantastic NHLer
Chipchura - pseudo-bust/grinder
Higgins - average NHLer
Perezhogin - bust
Komisarek - average NHLer
Hossaa - bust
Rainsey - average NHLer

hainsey hossa mcdo higgins all top 15

kostitsyn top 10

komisarek 7th

price 5th.

mccaron 25 scherbak 26 beaulieu 17 tinordi 24 juulsen 26 leblanc 18 Poehling 25 were all taken after 15 and most of then from 25 on.

sergachev galchenyuk and kotkan were the only ones in top 10 and all three look like great picks. Sergachev got traded for soemoen elses #3 overall. kotka looks liek a keeper. galchenyuk prob top 3 players in his draft year ( was a weak draft year) for Domi... time will tell

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

So you're on record with being against tanking and selling veterans for assets?

I agree with you on this one. Pleky deserves respect. He accepted to go to the Leafs for a playoff run and did very well. He decided to come back to the Habs afterwards in a mentorship role. Not many players would do this for the Habs.
So you're on record with being against tanking and selling veterans for assets?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad