Kyle Palmieri
Pavel Zacha
Sami Vatanen
Ty Smith
Will Butcher
Cory Schneider

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
NYI has a lot more what ifs, but obviously more promising roster.

NJ is at the moment the better group.

+ isles just added 2 arguably top 10 picks, while devils made playoffs.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
You need to do a lot of assuming best case scenerio for the Islanders group. At this point the Devils group easily have more NHL players.... if you are undecided the goaltending should tip the scales to the Devils. Goalie prospects are still the hardest to accurately judge,

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
NYI, better group to tank with. NJ is going to be stuck in limbo.
Usually tanking is something you do to acquire the good pieces you cant get through trade

That would insinuate the Islanders dont have those pieces and need to tank.... so your point was extremely contradicting

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The Devils group, if for no other reason than they rely less on "what if" scenarios to pan out. More proven (high end) players on their list.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Usually tanking is something you do to acquire the good pieces you cant get through trade

That would insinuate the Islanders dont have those pieces and need to tank.... so your point was extremely contradicting

Huh...? I think it is pretty simple nor contradictory. The Devils have a better NHL group, but have worse prospects. Nor do I think they will be good enough to compete for a cup with their current group. I'd rather have NYI because they will do worse this year and get better draft picks to add to their prospect pool that is already better. The question isn't who is better. It is who would you rather have.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

I don't see any contradictions there. Better tank with = worse and more likely to lose more games. Which is awful for fans, has its silver linings if you are a GM and need a piece you can only get at the draft.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
IMO I'd rank them as:

Hall
Barzal
Hischier
Wahlstrom
Beauvillier
Lee

Palmieri
Bratt

Bellows
Zacha

Leddy
Vatanen
Dobson
Pulock

Smith
Butcher

And Schneider > Sorokin

I realize I'm biased but I think 3 years from now the NY group will be noticeably better than the NJ group

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
IMO I'd rank them as:

Hall
Barzal
Hischier
Wahlstrom
Beauvillier
Lee

Palmieri
Bratt

Bellows
Zacha

Leddy
Vatanen
Dobson
Pulock

Smith
Butcher

And Schneider > Sorokin

I realize I'm biased but I think 3 years from now the NY group will be noticeably better than the NJ group
I agree with you on that. I think going forward the Islanders will have the best defenseman, best center, and best goalie. Probably the better depth too. I'm not even sure Hall will be better than Barzal going forward

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Islanders have more what ifs, Id rather go with the Devils, even though I love Barzal. Hischier aint too shabby.

Hischier and Hall is better than anything Islanders has so far. Smith is also as good a prospect as Dobson and Wahlstrom, so.

Reactions: jorge martinez

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
IMO I'd rank them as:

Hall
Barzal
Hischier
Wahlstrom
Beauvillier
Lee

Palmieri
Bratt

Bellows
Zacha

Leddy
Vatanen
Dobson
Pulock

Smith
Butcher

And Schneider > Sorokin

I agree with you on Barzal being above Hischier and could end up pretty damn close or better than Hall. But Hall is a beast. And I think Hischier is an incredible player, so those three are pretty special in my eyes but atm goes Hall, Barzal, Hischier.

I think you have Bratt and Butcher too low in their groups. Bratt is one well rounded player IMO

Anyways overall i chose the Devils for now but both franchises have EXCELLENT pieces going fwd. Both fanbases should be happy with what there building

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
LMAO the point is the Islanders are in fine position going forward. You saying they were on par with Ottawa and Montreal is laughable
Yeah no, it simply blew up in your face

I dont get why you cant just accept whats true, i mean the Islanders didnt have a better core with Tavares so how would they without?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad