Which goalie would you be happy with?

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
But that's not what happened here. In reality they only coughed up 1.6M in additional salary a far cry from the 7-8M you think. So they don't have 7-8M to offer Vanek.

Just because they may have intent to resign him doesn't mean he will. They had intent to resign Ryan Smyth too.

So you're under the assumption that Garth and Co. made this deal strictly for rental purposes? Either that or they have their fingers crossed in hopes that he signs a deal worth less than what he's currently making? I'll choose to believe that's not the case.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Yeah, but who/what are we going to give up for him? We don't have this year's first-rounder anymore. Also, the price will be steep if Anaheim is competing for a playoff spot in Teemu's last season.

After the Vanek deal, I think this option is out the window.

If Hiller is leading ANA to the playoffs, then he will stay. Most likely be traded at draft or before UFA season opens. Smarter play internally and publicly.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
Yeah, but who/what are we going to give up for him? We don't have this year's first-rounder anymore. Also, the price will be steep if Anaheim is competing for a playoff spot in Teemu's last season.

After the Vanek deal, I think this option is out the window.

I would assume it's going to be pricey, Nelson, Poluck pricey. I think we should ride out Nabby and sign a goalie next year.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
Lundy.

Imagine what Rags fans will do if he ends up being a possible final piece to the Islander puzzle.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I don't think Hanky comes here. IMO, they will find a way to keep him.

Hiller or Miller, but Hiller will command less than Miller, and their stats are similar, plus Hiller is younger by 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->