Which goalie should start the next two games?

Steve Bennett*

Hi everyone, pivotal point in the early season again. 4 straight divisional games against teams we should be able to beat. Important points the Canucks cannot afford to give up. So who should start in net? The "backup" started 3 in a row, is it obvious that Schneider should start the next two? Or is the the new "starter" Luongo deserved of a start monday night at least. I leave it to you!

StringerBell

As good as Luongo's been playing, you have to get Schneider in there soon. I'm fine with any option except Luongo playing both. Actually, Schneider needs to play Thursday for sure. Luongo sucks in Minnesota. I don't care between Cory or Lu for Monday's game though.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
As good as Luongo's been playing, you have to get Schneider in there soon. I'm fine with any option except Luongo playing both. Actually, Schneider needs to play Thursday for sure. Luongo sucks in Minnesota. I don't care between Cory or Lu for Monday's game though.
This.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Schneider should get some game action soon. Start him against Edmonton. If he has a solid game, give him the Minnesota game as well.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
any goalie, anywhere. flip a coin, get them to armwrestle, it's literally a less important decision than "where should dale weise play tonight"

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
He's going to stick to the original schedule like he has been and that's obviously been working so that's the only option I see.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
Schneider hasn't played in a week. Sitting him much longer isn't very fair as he'll be fighting stagnancy. He's played well with weeks off before, but he's earned a steady spot, and a lot of time off can invite injury.
If Lu starts tomorrow, Schneider should get the next 2-3 in a row.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Schneider should get the next game. I wouldnt be able to stand the crying if Luongo got a 4th in a row.. the media would lose its mind on the treatment Schneider is receiving... Not that they matter.. I'm being selfish.

The game after depending on performance. But with 4 div games coming up in a row here... Give each 2. Or if Schneider runs hot give him 3 of the 4 with Luongo getting one of.the Minny games.

I really don't mind them running a Win and you play system eventually.. but I think its too early to start that. Both goalies need games early here and find their grooves.

Dado

How can it be anyone but Luongo? You can't bench guys for playing great, and there is no rest issue at all.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
How can it be anyone but Luongo? You can't bench guys for playing great, and there is no rest issue at all.

The only logic I would use is that its early in the season yet, and both goalies need games to shake off the rust and find their grooves.

There is time to get Luongo more gms.

Steve Bennett*

Or you know, Luos been playing incredible and giving us the best chance to win. But no, that's crazy talk..

True, I'm not dismissing Luongo's great play. And the team is winning games right now with him playing so great, but how important is it that Schneider is supposed to be the #1? I'm not saying it is more important but there does need to be some sort of balance, and I wonder if Schneider will tolerate this situation.

Then again, Schneider played on fire last year when given the opportunity, as the backup. And now this year (so far, it's only been two weeks) it seems Luongo is playing his best as the so-called backup. I would have thought the logical choice for the Hawks game was Schneider, and most definitely for the Oilers game Schneider again. But, Vigneault is a professional coach and I'm just an unaccountable fan. :)

Maybe Lu will play on fire through the playoffs as the backup!! Whatever wins us games... :naughty:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The only logic I would use is that its early in the season yet, and both goalies need games to shake off the rust and find their grooves.

There is time to get Luongo more gms.
I think the more important issue is that in a shortened season, every game counts. Play your best guy when there's no fatigue issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad