Which generation is better?

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
I was just wondering, if you had to send a team to the final of a best on best to face the best Canadian players, who would you send?

1990-2005 generation : Fedorov, Mogilny, Zhamnov, Bure brothers, Kovalev, Kamensky, Yashin, Zubov, Konstantinov, Gonchar, Kravchuk etc.

2005-present generation : Ovechkin, Malkin, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Radulov, Semin, A. Markov, Volchenkov, etc.

I'm pretty sure which generation will win this battle but I wonder what the gap will be.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
If the question is who's better, then probably 1990's generation, especially the blueliners, but if we're asking who would I send for the final game, then probably the 2005's players. The main reason is that I doubt that 1990s would have the right team spirit (Fedorov anb Bure weren't the best friends, you know) and also the right attitude towards NT - a lot of guys from that list weren't really too enthusiastic about it. So that's why my vote went to to 2005s.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
The 1990-2005 team was largely Soviet developed and trained, and the training regimen they went through was far superior to what the more recent players have experienced.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
The post-lockout generation is a generation of overhyped chokers. The only aspect of the game where they have an edge is goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->