Speculation: Which F's make the roster out of camp?

PIck 3 players who will make the team out of camp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The way I figure there will be 3 spots open during camp. I'm assuming Tex is in so that gives the Jackets 10 certains: EDIT: There are only 2 spots open. Forgot Nyqvist.

Jenner
Foligno
Dubi
Texier
Cam
PLD
Anderson
Nash
Wennberg
Bjorkstrand

Poll closes in 7 days so your choices are strictly based on what you know.

Last edited:

Sabo0290

Lost along the wing
Aug 28, 2015
Dayton
I picked Bemstrom, Milano, and Beer. Mainly because I think this is Sonny’s shot at cracking the roster and sticking, and beer has basically been playing a fill in role if not a little more already. Both have shown at times they fit the big club, so I think they are the sure bets on the list. (Robinson is in a similar spot, but I think that some of the up and comers bounce him down the depth chart.) Bemstrom is just me buying in on Jarmo’s hype... He knows more about these guys than I do, so I’ll take his word for it... But I like TFW, haven’t seen a whole lot of his play, but I think he can be more useful in a Hannikainen roll than, well, Hannikainen. Maybe not this season, but sooner than later.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Think there are only 2 spots available. You forgot Nyquist in the original post.

So I'll go with Hannikainen and Bemstrom.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Hanni
Bemstrom
Robinson

In that order. Think Bem has higher likelihood to be higher in the lineup (slash actually in the lineup) than Hanni but think Hanni is more of a lock to actually make the roster, even as a healthy scratch. Could also see Dano or Milano. Tough to see Stenlund/Fix/Foudy at this point.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Bemstrom is pretty much guaranteed unless he poops the bed . No way they send him back to Europe for another year . Sonny will be the other .

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't think Foudy gets his cup of coffee unless Jackets are willing to lose a guy like Milano, Dano or Hannikainen to waivers. Going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Went with Bemstrom and Fix-Wolansky. Bemstrom's probably obvious; TFW has just been looking good enough in Traverse City that I suspect he gets a cup of coffee.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Of a combination of 3 players, I don't think both Milano and Bemstrom make it on a Torts team. 2 potential defensive liabilities, and where would they play? As such, I went with Hanni, Bemstrom, and Dano. I think we'll try Nick in Artemi's spot at first, but eventually (10-15 games or so), I could see the lines being similar to this:

Bemstrom-Dubois-Atkinson
Texier-Jenner-Anderson
Nyquist-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Nash-Dano/Hanni

Gotta spread that scoring around.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I went with Bemstrom, Milano and Beerman. However I still expect Sonny to be traded before the regular season begins leaving the two available slots to Bemstrom and Beerman.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
I went with Hannikainen and Robinson, thinking Torts will want guys who a) can kill penalties in a pinch and b) won't have their development hurt by sitting in the press box for long stretches. I'd have gone with Milano for a third.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
"Make the team" is different than "play on Opening Night." Even if you count Nyquist, three more will probably make the team (assuming they carry at least 13 Fs).

Heart: Bemstrom, Milano, Foudy
Head: Bemstrom, Robinson, Hannikainen

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I don't think Foudy gets his cup of coffee unless Jackets are willing to lose a guy like Milano, Dano or Hannikainen to waivers. Going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.
I forgot about waivers.

On the flip side of this is that if Milano or Dano can't make the team on their own in camp then management might be indifferent about whether they are claimed or not.

Reactions: EspenK

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Surprised by all the Hannikainen and Milano votes. Also, I'm not surprised.

Hannikainen may be the only person I'd rather see Milano get playing time over.

I vote Bemstrom-Dano-Robinson-Dalpe, in that order.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Surprised by all the Hannikainen and Milano votes. Also, I'm not surprised.

Hannikainen may be the only person I'd rather see Milano get playing time over.

I vote Bemstrom-Dano-Robinson-Dalpe, in that order.

They're on one way deals and require waivers to go to the minors. I'm guessing that is why the majority is voting for Milano and Hannikainen.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
It’s a tough question. I do think Bemstrom is likely in. But there are 5-6 real contenders. Hannikainen has the recent experience of being on the team, so it’s maybe his spot to lose. But I tend to think if two young guys make it over him, then they’re likely playing very well. If Traverse City is any indication, Fix-Wolansky will be making a huge push. There aren’t too many options in this poll that I would rule out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad