Which franchise do you associate T.J. Oshie with?

Which franchise do you associate T.J. Oshie with?

• St. Louis Blues

Votes: 79 38.5%
  • Washington Capitals

Votes: 126 61.5%

• Total voters

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Caps Even tough he entered the league for the Blues.

Main reason is because of his playoff success in Washington which he never had for St. louis. In the end the playoffs is when most people are following Whats happening.

Reg season
Wsh: 457 GP, 161 G 164 A and 325 P (0,71 PPG)
Stl: 443 GP, 110 G 200 A and 310 P (0,70 PPG)
Almost the same point wise, but he has definetely been more of a goalscorer in Washington.

Playoffs:
Wsh: 72 GP, 29 G, 30 A, 59 P and 0.82 PPG
STL: 30 GP, 5 G, 4 A, 9 P and 0.30 PPG

There is the huge difference as he have been way more og a difference maker for the Capitals in the playoffs and he always lifts his game when the playoffs start. He was a little unlucky about Chi being so good during his time with the Blues as they often where sent out by them.

Still I believe he will be more remembered as a Caps as he also was crucial in their cup win.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Team USA tbh.

That aside, in terms of NHL Franchises...i still kind of think of him as a Blue, who got dealt to the Caps to load up for a run.

Reactions: Louie the Blue

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
I watched Oshie get drafted, followed him into the NHL (mostly since the Oilers were rumored to have wanted him before St. Louis scooped him) and forget he was ever a Blue. Just one of those guys who seems to have been born into his current sweater.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Biased but definitely Caps. He's a fan favourite in Washington, and he was an essential piece in the Stanley Cup win. He will retire having played more games in a Caps jersey than a Blues jersey.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Caps for sure. He's been so clutch in the playoffs with them, and an integral part of why the team has had continued success during Ovechkin and Backstrom's careers.

He's part of that Caps/Ovechkin 3.0 era, the core that ACTUALLY got it done and won the Cup.

In hindsight, what a steal by the Caps. Brouwer was a good heavyweight dude, and they traded him right before the shift to a more "talented" NHL. Oshie on the other hand fit like a glove in Washington and brought more talent to the table. He can play RW but also C, giving Washington insane C depth if needed.

Idk, he's just fit much better as a Caps and it seems like the fans love him. To me he's a Caps

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Caps for sure. He's been so clutch in the playoffs with them, and an integral part of why the team has had continued success during Ovechkin and Backstrom's careers.

He's part of that Caps/Ovechkin 3.0 era, the core that ACTUALLY got it done and won the Cup.

In hindsight, what a steal by the Caps. Brouwer was a good heavyweight dude, and they traded him right before the shift to a more "talented" NHL. Oshie on the other hand fit like a glove in Washington and brought more talent to the table. He can play RW but also C, giving Washington insane C depth if needed.

Idk, he's just fit much better as a Caps and it seems like the fans love him. To me he's a Caps
The issue isn't that he wasn't a fit the Blues. He performed terrible in the postseason for the Blues 4 POs in a row, 3 of which were consecutive exits in the first round.

Armstrong was determined to change the roster and pretty much openly nuked Oshie's value by letting it be known that he was on the block.

Bad move for the Blues in the long-term (Brouwer was a key part of the 2016 run to the WCF), but a necessary move to make. Oshie also probably wouldn't be viewed as a PO stud if he was still in STL.

Reactions: abo9

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
The issue isn't that he wasn't a fit the Blues. He performed terrible in the postseason for the Blues 4 POs in a row, 3 of which were consecutive exits in the first round.

Armstrong was determined to change the roster and pretty much openly nuked Oshie's value by letting it be known that he was on the block.

Bad move for the Blues in the long-term (Brouwer was a key part of the 2016 run to the WFC), but a necessary move to make. Oshie also probably wouldn't be viewed as a PO stud if he was still in STL.

Was it because of the player or because of the system the Blues played? I don't recall those Blues teams much except that they were excellent defensively and not much for offense (they were the teams that got Halak/Elliott the Jennings no?). Was Oshie performing badly, or was he not fitting the "team structure"?

On the Caps he was clearly utilized for his talent. Especially on the PP, where Oshie became a 3rd scoring option for the Caps.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Was it because of the player or because of the system the Blues played? I don't recall those Blues teams much except that they were excellent defensively and not much for offense (they were the teams that got Halak/Elliott the Jennings no?). Was Oshie performing badly, or was he not fitting the "team structure"?

On the Caps he was clearly utilized for his talent. Especially on the PP, where Oshie became a 3rd scoring option for the Caps.
Some of it was maturing on Oshie's part - he was suspended by the team for 2 games a year before Hitchcock came over.

Part of it was organizational-FO placed unfair expectations on Berglund and Oshie as part of rebuilding after the lockout and I am not sure if Hitch/Oshie had the best relationship. Oshie did have his most points in a season under Hitchcock FWIW.

And Oshie did perform bad in the POs, as did other Blues players (Perron comes to mind from his initial stint in STL). Some of it was due to roster construction (not having an actual 1C offensively and forcing Backes into that role when he was better suited as a 2C or wing).

Reactions: abo9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad