Which Forward Prospect Has the Highest Potential?

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Which B's forward prospect do you expect to be the best player?

Expect to be the best player or who has the highest potential?

Koko or Griff probably have the highest absolute upside. Both could become elite talent. Koko likely will end up as a 2nd or 3rd line center and Griff could likely never even make the NHL.

Spooner on the other hand is probably a lock for being a 1st or 2nd liner one day, but I don't think he could ever become truly elite.

I'm voting for Koko.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Koko has the potential to be a gamer on one of the top lines.
Spooner will probably be a real solid NHLer on the 1st or 2nd line.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
I've only seen Spooner live in the AHL and he looked pretty damn good to me so I went with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Spooner's the only one I feel slightly confident in saying he'll be a regular NHL player. The other 3 are still pretty much wild cards.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Khokhlachev with the highest potential IMO. It's debatable whether he or Spooner is a better prospect as Spooner is maybe a little safer. Spooner may end up in the running for AHL Rookie of the Year, so he is pretty great.

Cody Payne also has sick raw potential.

Last edited:

Ruzicka38

Oh man
Jan 19, 2006
Hopedale
I went with Spooner because he is the only prospect I've ever seen play and he's the only one with success at the pro level so far. I also remember his first camp where he almost made the team. If this were a bottom third NHL team he would already be a top 9 player here.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I think Spooner is a safer bet to reach his potential but I think Koko could out produce him if he reaches his potential.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

member 96824

I would say Knight is the safest in the sense that even if he busts, he could still be a grinder. Koko has the most raw potential though

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Knight is a grinder with an NHL body who drives to the net and hits like a bulldozer. Since I prefer those kinds of players, and he clearly was born to wear the spoked B, I'm picking Knight. People around here will love him.

as for highest potential? Koko. But honestly Koko, Spoons and Knight all have attributes that will make them successful in the NHL.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
i went other for anthony camara. huge wildcard pick but i think ill like him more then any other player one day. a guy who embodies bruins hockey

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
Maybe someone can enlighten me why I cannot find any Spooner highlights on YouTube from Juniors. The only things I find is like one single play, or stuff from when he was like 9 years old.

Koko, I find reel after reel of Juniors highlights.

It's curious to me.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Koko did nothing in the KHL (for what it`s worth)

Spooner is developing nicely from all I have read in the AHL

Knight has been injured (no way to accurately evaluate at this point)

Griffith lights it up in the OHL

My opinion is, with only one player showing his skills/talents at the Pro level, and asserting himself exceptionally well, on February 23rd, I`ll say Spooner. Doesn`t mean that will be the case a year from now, but I said he`ll be a guy that probably plays one year of AHL hockey then that`s it, he`ll be in the B`s lineup moving forward (unless traded which I hope won`t be the case)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad