Which forward is waived/traded when we are healthy?

Who gets waived or traded?

• Total voters

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
Screenshot_2019-01-05-02-08-47.png
Who do we waive or trade when Josh Leivo is back from injury?

I hope it's Schaller but he's likely not being moved. I personally think it's between Granlund and Goldobin.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I think one of four things will happen (in order of likelihood):
1. Schaller gets waived
2. Goldy gets traded for a 3rd rounder or decent prospect
3. Granlund gets traded for a 6th/7th rounder or longshot prospect
4. Motte gets traded for a 4th/5th rounder or mediocre prospect

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Goldobin will get moved before Schaller who Green was praising.Breaking a guys hand with your face I guess puts you on the coach's good list.This team lacks goal scorers so it just makes sense for them to trade one away.Im sure it will happen.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Schaller is, hands down, the most uninspiring, unimpressive, useless forward we have seen on this team this season, and that's saying something since a couple other forwards haven't shown much.

Of course, that probably means someone else will be shown the door.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
If it's in the next couple of weeks or less it won't be a waive. They will try to trade whoever it is to include a lackluster goalie for the Comets, especially if their ECHL stand-ins are stinking up the ice.

I mean they can't be expected to actually sign a current AHL goalie on an AHL contract to a UFA contract.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Benning has improved in the last two years so Im expecting another small but correct move (like the Nelson trade). Id hope its Schaller or Granlund but if it is Goldobin hopefully for a defensive prospect or 3rd rounder + project

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Schaller better be the one waived.

Goldy for sure gets picked up on Waivers... Granlund and Motte have likely shown enough to have a team chance on one of them as well.

This team is far worse with Schaller on it than any of the other options.

Edit: Trade Tim back to Boston. Please.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Even though it should be Schaller it will be Motte as he's easier to move and dumping Schaller makes Jim look more inept in free agency signings.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
The team will never get fully healthy. On the off chance they do they will just hold whoever on IR until the next injury.

Reactions: Canucks1096

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Even though it should be Schaller it will be Motte as he's easier to move and dumping Schaller makes Jim look more inept in free agency signings.

He already waived Sam Gagner so he clearly isn't going to double down on Schaller to save face since we can all admit that Gagner was a major letdown, but is WAY more useful than Schaller.

Schaller will be dealt to a team like Edmonton who needs any winger they can get their hands on. We will get another 6th or 7th at the draft this year, and maybe a player like Petrovic to even out the salary this year.

That will also allow us to trade away one of our D at th deadline

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
He already waived Sam Gagner so he clearly isn't going to double down on Schaller to save face since we can all admit that Gagner was a major letdown, but is WAY more useful than Schaller.

Schaller will be dealt to a team like Edmonton who needs any winger they can get their hands on. We will get another 6th or 7th at the draft this year, and maybe a player like Petrovic to even out the salary this year.

If we get Petrovic won't we have to waive someone else then?

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC

I hope your right !

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Didn't vote in the poll because I don't like the way it's worded. It should be two separate polls.

Goldobin is most likely to be traded. Schaller is most likely to be waived. But I have no idea which outcome is more likely.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Schaller is garbage
Granlund is bad
Leivo looks good
Motte is a good role player
Baertschi is a soft perimeter player
Goldobin has flaws but is young with potential

Reactions: bh53 and pomorick

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Play Goldobin with Pettersson and hope to inflate his numbers, then trade him. The other players have absolutely zero value.
I dont see this team moving forward with Goldobin I think a trade would be wise.

Reactions: Nomobo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->