OT: Which Forward Group Would You Pick?

Which of these two historical forward rosters would you pick?

• Total voters

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Team 2 has a vast edge in 2-way play. Team 1 has 7 defensively suspect players. Team 2 has 2 (Stevens, Lemieux). The only line team 2 has that's poor in this respect also happens to be the best offensive line on either team by quite some distance.

As an aside, Aleksey Morozov was terrible. Even if you swapped him out for someone like Blake Comeau, you probably make team 1 better.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
This is a random question, and I was curious about the board's opinion. Which of the following two custom Penguins historical forward roster combinations do you think would win a seven game series?

Team 1:

Straka - Crosby - Jagr
Morozov - Malkin - Kovalev
Kunitz - Lang - Kessel
Guentzel - Hrdina - Hornqvist

Team 2:
Stevens - Lemieux - Tocchet
Mullen - Francis - Recchi
Hagelin - Bonino - Rust
Talbot - Staal - Dupuis

You can assume goaltending and defense are otherwise equal.
I'm definitely going with team 2. It's not played on paper and there's not enough puck to go around for team 1.

I'd swap Team 2's bottom 6 around.
Hags Staal Dupuis
Talbot Bones Rust

I believe that give team 2 an edge on the top 3 lines, and the 4th lines roughly a wash.

It would be a fun game to watch.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Team 2’s top lines would eat the bottom lines of team 1. Team 1’s top lines could get stifled by team 2’a bottom six. Also the Russian line is asking for pain against that team, Malkin gets done a little dirty.. at least give him Kunitz or Straka.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->