Which Flyers prospect do you think will have the better career...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
flip588 said:
You guys think Ruzicka could have a good career?

He is EXTREMELY hard to knock off the puck. He has ideal skill and sees the ice quite well. One knock on him is his consistency but that is the case with many young players. He could be a 2nd line RW if he progresses well.

leafaholix*

Carter.

Resembles Mats Sundin too much for me to say Richards.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site

How did Carter drop down to 11th overall?

I would rank him after Fleury, Staal, Zherdev, Horton, Phaneuf, and maybe Coburn, how did all the other players go ahead of him goes beyond me.

Last edited:

mcarrick16

May 13, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Jeff carter should have been like 20th how can you explain that he was drafted 11th overall?

Who is most Skilled O'sullivan or Carter... O'sullivan have better stats in the OHL in every year so??

PEli*

Carter will put up better numbers but I think Richards will be more important to his team. I'd put money on the Flyers giving up on him before they give up on Carter. Just because Clarke loves players like Carter and will probably undervalue Richards because he won't put up similar numbers.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This isn't really a fair question to be asking. These two are completely different players. Personally I think Richards will have the better career based on the fact that he won't be asked to be an impact player like Carter. Richards will be relied upon to do what he does best, play a sound 2 way game. Of course the Flyers will be counting on Richards, I don't mean they won't, I just think Carter has more to live up to at this point. That being said, I think Carter will have a great career as well.

I'm trying to understand how people are wondering how Carter fell to 11th spot. Before the draft Carter was tagged as a late 1st round pick, maybe 2nd round depending on where he fell. I'm sure the majority of people were quite surprised when he went that early. The only reason people are now saying that is because of the World Juniors. I don't think we should be talking about him being picked at 11 as slipping based solely on the WJC, especially when most would never have put him there.

Finally, there is no way Carter is a regular with the Flyers next year, provided there is a season. Carter is not ready for the NHL in my books. He has alot of filling out to do no his frame and he needs to develop a sound defensive game to fit in with Hitch's system. He'll need some time in the AHL to groom his game. Considering the depth of the Flyers up front, I really don't see the point in putting him on the 4th line to waste away when he could be logging big minutes in the AHL.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site

cujorulz said:
Jeff carter should have been like 20th how can you explain that he was drafted 11th overall?

Who is most Skilled O'sullivan or Carter... O'sullivan have better stats in the OHL in every year so??

I don't know, maybe before the draft Carter was't at this level yet, but he sure is right now and the way he's playing, he's more like a top 10 pick.

As for him and O'Sullivan, well it takes more then talent to become a star, and Carter has more tools to become a superstar, just look at Hudler in 2002, he was more skilled then most players that were drafted ahead of him in the 1st round, but because he doesn't have all the tools like some he went late in the 2nd round.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Birko19 said:
I don't know, maybe before the draft Carter was't at this level yet, but he sure is right now and the way he's playing, he's more like a top 10 pick.

As for him and O'Sullivan, well it takes more then talent to become a star, and Carter has more tools to become a superstar, just look at Hudler in 2002, he was more skilled then most players that were drafted ahead of him in the 1st round, but because he doesn't have all the tools like some he went late in the 2nd round.

For Hudler, it was more lack of size then anything else. He may be lucky to be 5'6" (and yes I have seen him in person).

The only reason O'Sullivan wound up in the 2nd round was his Mental fitness more then skill. It is really to bad that his father is such a B@$****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad