Which Euro draftee will come play in the CHL? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sag96

Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
Parshin was a choice for Québec Remparts!!! IfRdulov change his decision to come it was a security forQuébec!!!

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Senor Rational said:
Schwarz will be playing. It will be good for him to adjust to the smaller rink. I wish he was playing in the Q instead...more shots more puckhandling etc... things he needs to work on.

I see where you're coming from about more offense in the "Q," and thus more opportunities for Schwarz to work on moving the puck, etc.

However, the Dub may well be the best junior league in the world (no offense intended to OHL and QMJHL fans), so if Schwarz can make it there, he's well on his way to making it in the AHL and the NHL to follow.

Playing in Vancouver will also expose Schwarz to the big-city North American life and media pressure, which will be good for his development. It'll be especially beneficial in teaching him how to handle the media and the expectations of being "The Man" in goal, which he'll definitely face once he gets to St. Louis.

By the way, fellow Czech and Blues' draftee Roman Polak will be following Schwarz to the Dub this season, as he's supposed to be playing in Kootenay this year. Also, another Blues' Czech draftee, Michal Birner, will be skating for Barrie (OHL) this year.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
NYR469 said:
sabres assigned vanek to rochester of the AHL today

I know. There was a great deal of hand-wringing (unnecessary IMO) that before Vanek was signed he might jump to the WHL then possibly become UFA next season.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Kubus has 2 goals in two games for Cape Breton. Zharkov was a healthy scratch in his first game and had no points last night vs the Moose. I didn't expect a smooth start for Zharkov.....he should take off a month in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->