Which Euro draftee will come play in the CHL? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Golbez said:
For sure not Marek Schwarz

He is most definitely going to the WHL this coming season. He will be playing with fellow Czech, and Senator draft pick, Andrej Meszaros and 2005 top prospect Brule, for the high power Vancouver Giants. I am looking very forward to following this team in the upcoming year, they should be dynamite.

Divine Wind

Puckhead said:
He is most definitely going to the WHL this coming season. He will be playing with fellow Czech, and Senator draft pick, Andrej Meszaros and 2005 top prospect Brule, for the high power Vancouver Giants. I am looking very forward to following this team in the upcoming year, they should be dynamite.

right on all accounts, except Meszaros is a Slovak.

BCCHL inactive

Senor Rational said:
Shwarz will be playing. It will be good for him to adjust to the smaller rink. I wish he was playing in the Q instead...more shots more puckhandling etc... things he needs to work on.

Both Schwarz and Meszaros have said that if any CHL team other than Vancouver had drafted them, they would have stayed home.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
LOL thats laughable man.

When Burke was asked about russians and the new Transfer fees he said HE WOULD NOT HESITATE to take a Russians inspite of the new rules.

You said exactly the opposite of what Brian Burke actually said.

Talk about selective hearing.

It's not selective hearing, it's called a mistake if I indeed made one. I could have sworn he said he would hesitate to select one after the first two. My ears have decieved me on occasion though. Selective hearing? Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Sounds like you have selective interpretation :shakehead

rangers

Mar 10, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
Norwegian Mathis Olimb will play for the London Knights this coming season. He was drafted 56th overall in the CHL draft, but surprisingly went undrafted in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Prucha73 said:
I think Petruzalek, Gracik, and Psurny.

Petruzalek and Kasper will be on the 67s this year. They've played together their whole life.

Petru is small, but he's feisty as hell. Should be a nice duo for them.

And I;m almost 100% certain than Bahensky will be comming over from what I've heard.

I thought Psurny was staying over to play with his brother, though...

Prucha73

Reveille said:
Petruzalek and Kasper will be on the 67s this year. They've played together their whole life.

Petru is small, but he's feisty as hell. Should be a nice duo for them.

And I;m almost 100% certain than Bahensky will be comming over from what I've heard.

Hmm, I don't remember hearing much about Psurny either way, I assumed he is coming over.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
SmokeyClause said:
It's not selective hearing, it's called a mistake if I indeed made one. I could have sworn he said he would hesitate to select one after the first two. My ears have decieved me on occasion though. Selective hearing? Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Sounds like you have selective interpretation :shakehead
You're right, during draft coverage Burke did say that if a selection came down to two players he held in about the same regard, but one is a Russian and the others wasn't... Burke claimed he would take the non-Russian... if he were a GM at last years draft.
rangers said:
Norwegian Mathis Olimb will play for the London Knights this coming season. He was drafted 56th overall in the CHL draft, but surprisingly went undrafted in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft...
And so far Olimb has showed very well in camp and during pre-season games.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Reveille said:

psurny played atleast 2 preseason games with medicine hat...and they haven't released their final roster so its always possible that he decided to go back to europe but their site makes no mention of him leaving so i'm assuming that he will play there this year...

their final preseason game is next sunday so we should find out officially in about a week if he is going to play with the tigers

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Puckhead said:

Add Winnipeg native Adam Courchaine to the list of great players in Vancouver. Dynamite indeed!

rangers

Mar 10, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
Boomhower said:
And so far Olimb has showed very well in camp and during pre-season games.
Well...he`s rather smallish, but obviously very skilled. It will be interesting following his development this coming season. He could eventually turn out to be our next Espen "Shampo" Knutsen..

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
SmokeyClause said:

It's an understandable mistake, but I was going to say the exact same thing that La-La-Laprise said. Burke said he would NOT hesitate.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ruckus007 said:
I don't think he's been mentioned so Sabres' 3rd rounder Andrej Sekera is going to play for Owen Sound.

And Thomas Vanek for Brandon. :propeller

sabres assigned vanek to rochester of the AHL today

Lukko4

May 15, 2002
Montreal, QC
With the QMJHL Opening the season Tonight, here is a list of the 2004-05 Imports.

Quebec Major Junior Hockey League

Acadie-Bathurst Titan
Pavel Borysenko - F - 17 - UKRAINE
Artem Artemiev - F - 17 - RUSSIA ** RELEASED **

Baie-Comeau Drakkar

Tomas Fendek - F - 18 - CZECH REPUBLIC
Joakim Jensen - F - 17 - NORWAY

Cape Breton Screaming Eagles
Vladimir Kubus - F - 18 - SLOVAKIA
Egor Zharkov - F - 17 - RUSSIA

Chicoutimi Sagueneens
Stanislav Lascek - F - 18 - SLOVAKIA
Marek Zagrapan - F - 18 - CZECH REPUBLIC

Drummondville Voltigeurs
Juraj Liska - D - 19 - SLOVAKIA ** RELEASED **

Gatineau Olympiques
Petr Pohl - F - 18 - CZECH REPUBLIC
David Krejcy - F - 18 - CZECH REPUBLIC - (BOS)

Halifax Mooseheads
Jan Steber - F - 19 - CZECH REPUBLIC - (TOR)
Petr Vrana - F - 19 - CZECH REPUBLIC - (NJD)

Lewiston MAINEiacs
Jaroslav Halak - G - 19 - SLOVAKIA - (MTL)
Michal Korenko - D - 17 - SLOVAKIA

Moncton Wildcats
Oskars Bartulis - D - 17 - LATVIA
Martins Karsums - F - 18 - LATVIA - (BOS)

PEI Rocket
Slava Truhno - F - 17 - RUSSIA
Riku Korpinen - D - 17 - FINLAND

Quebec Remparts
Alexander Radulov - F - 18 - RUSSIA - (NAS)
Gennady Churilov - F - 17 - RUSSIA

Rimouski Oceanic
Michal Sersen - D - 19 - SLOVAKIA - (PIT)
Zbynek Hrdel - F - 19 - CZECH REPUBLIC - (TAM)

Rouyn-Noranda Huskies
Pavel Badyl - D - 18 - BELARUS

Shawinigan Cataractes
NONE

Val D'Or Foreurs
Lukas Martinka - D - 18 - SLOVAKIA
Vladimir Kutny - F - 19 - SLOVAKIA - (DET)

Victoriaville Tigres
Jan Danecek - F - 18 - CZECH REPUBLIC
Adam Kasparek - F - 17 - CZECH REPUBLIC

Stats:
9 Czechs
7 Slovaks
4 Russians
2 Latvians
1 Finn
1 Norwegian
1 Ukrainian
1 Belarussian

19 Forwards
6 Defencemen
1 Goaltender

8 Veterans
18 Rookies

9 NHL Draft Picks

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
For Sens draft picks...

2004 1st rounder Andrej Meszaros (SLOVAKIA) - is playing for Vancouver (WHL)
2004 5th rounder Roman Wick (SWITZ) - is playing for Red Deer (WHL)

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
markov` said:
It's an understandable mistake, but I was going to say the exact same thing that La-La-Laprise said. Burke said he would NOT hesitate.

Well crap, I have one guy telling me I heard right and two telling me I heard wrong :D

Either way (and this isn't directed at you markov`), the statement was made well before the Preds selected Radulov so that would have little bearing on my listening ability.

Lukko4

May 15, 2002
Montreal, QC
Nope, no Parshin. It was a guess made by Rouyn, but Parshin has already started the season with CSKA Moscow. I think it all depended on Colorado wanting him in North America or not and I think they'd prefer him to play in Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad