Which defenseman will bust?

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Which of the incoming Grand Rapids Griffins class of 2013-2014 will never make the NHL? or if you prefer, will be a big disappointment.

To make this more fun, I've removed the two most obvious choices: Nedomlel and Marchenko (removed for reasons of A) low potential and B) KHL factor).

Ouellet
Sproul
Jensen

who's the bust? are none of them busts? tell me why.

edit: I forgot to include an option for "Two of them will bust". So if that's the way you feel, just post it here.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
It's a tough question to answer. Jensen was a fifth round pick so even if he sniffs the NHL he is a success. I believe Ouellet and Sproul both have a good shot at making it. I think both will end up being top 4 guys.

So I guess my answer is none of them. Longest shot is Jensen but he also may have the best chance.

I'm done rambling.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Even if Jensen never makes the NHL, i'm not sure a 5th round pick can be called a bust. The odds were against him from the day he was drafted.

Sproul and Ouellet I believe will make the NHL.

I guess if I had to vote, Sproul has the biggest chance at busting.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Marchenko has plenty of potential, bigger thing with him is pulling the plug before he makes it all the way because he can make more money in Russia.

In any event, not really sure on the bust. I think Sproul might disappoint to expectations on this board for a little while. He has a ton of offensive talent as we all know, but really needs to step up his defensive efforts.

All should see NHL time at some point, what they become is more of the thing. Jensen and Sproul's skating will get them to the show at some point in my opinion. Even if their offense doesn't adjust as well to pro hockey as we hope.

Sproul has always been one of the biggest boom or bust guys in the entire league in terms of prospects. I like him a lot so I have trouble seeing him bust out right, but it is probably him in this case, because his significant weakness right now is supposed to be his primary job.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
I have a hard time believing that Ouellet and Sproul will not make it to the NHL. Most likely with the Red Wings.

I have a hard time believing that Jensen will make the NHL with the Red Wings, maybe with some other team though. Who knows?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad