Which Defenseman will be high on the Leafs radar if Nylander is traded?

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Why is Nylander considered damaged goods?
1. No heart, see the Boston series. People may disagree, others have considerable doubts.

2. No commitment. Like, he's sitting out.

3. No sensibility. Like is this guy a headcase? To use an old expression. He is sitting out, and losing money, to prove what?

Are you going to pay top dollar for that?

Obviously no. He has to prove himself all over again.

Now, if he returns to the Leafs, says it was a misunderstanding then all can be forgiven, given his age. If he departs, he's starting over, he has to prove he's worth it.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
1. No heart, see the Boston series. People may disagree, others have considerable doubts.

3. No sensibility. Like is this guy a headcase? To use an old expression. He is sitting out, and losing money, to prove what?

Now, if he returns to the Leafs, says it was a misunderstanding then all can be forgiven, given his age. If he departs, he's starting over, he has to prove he's worth it.

This is not a good example of damaged goods unless you're talking about your own insecurities.

Reactions: cipher

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Manson, Pesce, Pulock would be realistic. Would love Dumba, but I doubt Nylander alone would nab him.

Joe Lynch

Jul 6, 2018
Yokosuka, Japan
Brett Pesce! Seems the most realistic to me. Big, right-hand shooting defenseman from a team that needs offense. Nylander is worth more, so the Leafs might actually get Pesce and a pick for him. Make it happen, Dubas!

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
In another forum, I suggested Darnell Nurse for Nylander. I know he’s a lefty, but he imo, would be a terrific fit on our blue line. Now Hockeybuzz is saying that the Leafs and Oilers are talking about this same trade idea. Lol. Guess that ain’t happening!
I think ek is using you as a source (e5)

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
To each his own.

Keep telling the world how good he is while the Leafs keep reeling off wins!

:laugh:
I think nylander is making a huge mistake ..Pasternak .s offer is off the table now ,
even marner ,they just are not McDavid or Mathews saw 3 better players than marner on Washington tonite ,both need bridge deals ,let Mathews be Mathews

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
In another forum, I suggested Darnell Nurse for Nylander. I know he’s a lefty, but he imo, would be a terrific fit on our blue line. Now Hockeybuzz is saying that the Leafs and Oilers are talking about this same trade idea. Lol. Guess that ain’t happening!

I'd consider Nurse but they'd need to add maybe Pulju or Yamamoto.

ARoggy94

Dec 9, 2013
Ottawa

how lucky are we to have nylander's agent post on our boards

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Ideally,

Trouba
Paryako
Manson
Dumba

But all 4 are very unrealistic. It's one of the reasons, I just want to keep Nylander and work something out

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
Trouba trade could work, alone because Trouba want to leave at some point and need to be resigned, but I dont see Jets needing Nylander, so Nylander would be sent to some other place for a Center or a D. But Leafs should only sign Trouba if they can get him to sign long term

Parayko isnt happening

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
I really dont understand all the talk about Tanev on this site, hes not all that great.

1 van fans overate their players badly
2. Rielly played well with him once for a short period of time
3. Toronto needs a Dman preferably a rhd
4. Nightmare fuel

mariol329

Jan 10, 2007
Nylander + to Anaheim
Josh Manson / Nick Richie
Addresses 2 huge needs
Reilly / Manson - just dirty !
Richie gives soft forwards some serious grit

Reactions: The Magic Man

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Pesce and Tanev at the deadline

Gardiner for a 2nd
Nylander for Pesce + 1st
1st + 2nd for Tanev

Rielly-Pesce
Dermott-Zaitsev
Rosen-Tanev

Make right d great again
I like this but I think the Leafs will be adding for Pesce not Canes for Nylander
You won't need Tanev. But flip Gardiner and Johnson for a gritty LW like Kreider

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Shea Weber would be near the top of their list.
I don't think many here would be happy with that.
I would be ok with that provided some salary retention. Likely 4 years of solid service before they find an injury where he has to retire. He likely won't want to play when his salary drops to $1MM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad