Which club has the most fan clubs around the world?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Where's the list from?

There's a 0% chance that Inter for Dortmund have more worldwide fans than United.
I don't even believe the nonsense that Munich is somehow above either Real Madrid or Barca who not only control the Spanish world in Central and Southern America, but Barca also get a huge fan following in Asia as well.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Where's the list from?

There's a 0% chance that Inter or Dortmund have more worldwide fans than United.

Even Dortmund has the better and more succesful team since a longer time, this list is not about fans.
Its about registered fan clubs.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Regardless of what that link says it’s Madrid and Barca.

When I was growing up and Liverpool and Milan were dominating, it was them.

I’m interested in seeing who it’ll be in 15-20 years. I’ll bet $6 it’ll be the clubs who are most successful in that era.

For the love of a club. Sure.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Yeah that's more than weird. Bayern on top? In which world?

Think this has to do with the popularity in Germany. Maybe Barca and Madrid have more fanclubs worldwide. Bayern has many in Germany. They have the advantage of the biggest home market of the biggest football clubs.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, that's not true. Go to Spain or England. They have so many fans throughout their country. Heck, OM has so many fans in France everywhere. Galatasaray in Turkey. Porto, Benfica, Sporting, etc...

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
No, that's not true. Go to Spain or England. They have so many fans throughout their country. Heck, OM has so many fans in France everywhere. Galatasaray in Turkey. Porto, Benfica, Sporting, etc...

Both countries have a population around 50 million. Germany has around 80 million. Englands league is much deeper as the German league. Years ago i would say in Germany around 40% of all football fans supported Bayern. England and France have a very popular second big team sport. Rugby.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'd say that of the big teams, Bayern certainly has the strongest, at least by percentage wise, home field advantage. A larger portion of Germans are Bayern supporters than English are United supporters or Spanish are Madrid or Barca supporters.

Maybe PSG is close in France, although they haven't been dominant for nearly as long as Bayern has domestically.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah you got to think this list is slightly false: United should be up there and so should Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, and CIty. The Prem just have such a huge world pull

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It makes total sense for Bayern to have the most fan clubs as they mean a lot more in the German context. Most Man United fans outside the UK likely dont even know what a fan club is.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Obviously these stats will be misleading as they represent only "fan clubs", which is something much more common in certain cultures than in others. In a way it begs the question of what relevance they have at all.

Reactions: Bure80

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Celtic may not have the numbers of fans but they have a shit ton of celtic supporters clubs around the world. I'd imagine real Madrid and man united are top 2. Barca probably 3.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
For the non-Spanish Barça and Real fans, I wonder how much they care about the rivalry outside of the pitch. I'm talking about the culture and politics (Real with Castilian Spanish and Barça with Catalan)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad