Which CBJ defenseman will get dealt this summer?

Which defenseman gets traded?

• Total voters

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
And the first semi credible trade rumor from Scott Powers on the Athletic.

Blackhawks have discussed Ryan Murray for possible unknown picks and prospects combinations.
Not sure I take this rumor that seriously because when he was healthy, Murray was the 2nd best blue liner last season and would return more then some mid round picks and/or middling prospects.

Also, for someone with his injury history he is not getting $4 million + for multiple seasons.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Not sure I take this rumor that seriously because when he was healthy, Murray was the 2nd best blue liner last season and would return more then some mid round picks and/or middling prospects.

Also, for someone with his injury history he is not getting $4 million + for multiple seasons.

1000% agree with part 1.

Part 2, if the contract is insured, why not? Would this not be the best possible option and opportunity for the team to lock him in for as cheap and long as possible?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
1000% agree with part 1.

Part 2, if the contract is insured, why not? Would this not be the best possible option and opportunity for the team to lock him in for as cheap and long as possible?

I don't know what criterion are used to insure a NHL contract, but I'd have to think that insurance on a Murray contract would have exclusions on back injuries and perhaps another type of injury or two.

As I've posted before, this front office should be extremely familiar with all aspects of contract insurance after the Horton fiasco. While I think that you are completely correct in saying that he could be locked up relatively cheaply, it really does come down to whether he can be insured in a cost effective way.

If he ends up going to arbitration for a one year deal, it probably would be a direct result of problems with insuring a longer term contract.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
No no no. Not Werenski not Savard. If it has to be someone let it be Murray he cant play full season but has a lot of potential so lets use him if we have to

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
No no no. Not Werenski not Savard. If it has to be someone let it be Murray he cant play full season but has a lot of potential so lets use him if we have to

Of course! An oft injured D will surely return a top 6 F. Solves 2 problems. Great trade.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I take it very seriously, because I have no problem believing that that was Chicago's interest.

Now, of course, whether or not the Jackets bothered to listen to that proposal... that's another thing. ;)

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Murray + 2020 mid round pick for Kahun + 2020 1st + early round 2019 pick

I wouldn’t be too upset if we don’t trade any d though. Great d and depth can take you far.. look at the Hurricanes.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Of course! An oft injured D will surely return a top 6 F. Solves 2 problems. Great trade.

Well my opinion doesnt mean that every GM thinks like i do. If someone sees situation different and thinks Murray is worth of top6 forward. Saad isnt worth of Panarin still that was a trade. Never know dont be such an sarcastic person.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Leafs fan here, also a fan of the Jackets. Leafs and Jackets seem like perfect trading partners. Would you guys consider the following:

Kadri & Johnsson
For
Jenner & Savard

Or

Nylander
For
Werenski

Small add coming from either side

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Leafs fan here, also a fan of the Jackets. Leafs and Jackets seem like perfect trading partners. Would you guys consider the following:

Kadri & Johnsson
For
Jenner & Savard

Or

Nylander
For
Werenski

I think on deal 2 , it would be Marner for Werenski , with a small add coming from the jackets side . No way that Nylander could return Werenski , after this last season , and the contract he signed . I do agree we make great trading partners . Jackets have an abundance of blue line talent , 32 mill in cap space , Toronto has forwards galore , need a better defensive core , and are in cap hell

Reactions: CBJFan827

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Kadri & Johnsson
For
Jenner & Savard

Or

Nylander
For
Werenski

I'd consider trade 1. Not sure how much Johnsson benefited from playing with either Tavares or Matthews so I might want a bit more like a pick or two.

NFW to #2.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I'd consider trade 1. Not sure how much Johnsson benefited from playing with either Tavares or Matthews so I might want a bit more like a pick or two.

NFW to #2.
Johnsson spent most of his time with Kadri I believe. Hyman played with Tavares, Marleau with Matthews. Johnsson played with Matthews in the final stretch of the season and playoffs

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'll admit, I'm surprised to see Werenski leading this poll. With how hard it is to acquire a top pair defenseman in this league, I'd almost say he's the least likely to move, offensive holes or not..

And Jarmo seems to be in love with the idea of his offensive prospects filling the holes.. :dunno:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Johnsson spent most of his time with Kadri I believe. Hyman played with Tavares, Marleau with Matthews. Johnsson played with Matthews in the final stretch of the season and playoffs

Purely based on stats and positional needs I'd do the trade (#1)

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Kadri & Johnsson
For
Jenner & Savard

Or

Nylander
For
Werenski

Still think an add is needed for #1, but we could go back and forth forever on that and still not get anywhere because of just how important Jenner is here. #2 is, as others have already said, completely out of the question.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Including Jenner seems pointless. There's a cost to having that much turnover of core guys. I know he's not a star but he's core socially and in terms of leadership.

Jenner and Savard seem like 2 of the most liked players by their teammates. And people should remember, Savard was Dubois' "billet" just last year. We've also had people bash the teams defensive structure at times, and while Kadri is a responsible player, losing BOTH Jenner and Savard who are both "leaders" on a "leading" PK unit and actually have HUGE roles on the team, would probably not end up well.

Not to mention, if needed to be moved, I think a Jenner-Savard package could return us a MUCH better player than a Kadri-Johnsson package. I'll admit I don't know much about Johnsson, but I know there's plenty of other wingers in the CBJ organization already that I'd rather see suit up, Jenner included.

Kadri+3rd for Nutivaara and Milano+2nd

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Jenner and Savard seem like 2 of the most liked players by their teammates. And people should remember, Savard was Dubois' "billet" just last year. We've also had people bash the teams defensive structure at times, and while Kadri is a responsible player, losing BOTH Jenner and Savard who are both "leaders" on a "leading" PK unit and actually have HUGE roles on the team, would probably not end up well.

Not to mention, if needed to be moved, I think a Jenner-Savard package could return us a MUCH better player than a Kadri-Johnsson package. I'll admit I don't know much about Johnsson, but I know there's plenty of other wingers in the CBJ organization already that I'd rather see suit up, Jenner included.

Kadri+3rd for Nutivaara and Milano+2nd
I'd rather keep Nuti because I like the way he plays, but I know we've got severe differences of opinion w/r/t defensive player philosophies like that. ;)

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->