NBA Which career has been the biggest "what if" in NBA History?

Who is the biggest 'what if' in NBA history?

• What if Tmac stayed healthy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What if Bird never had chronic back pain

• What if Dwight Howard remained healthy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
grant hill

rose right behind him

Didn't even think of Hill, what could have been in Orlando had he stayed healthy....

A good What if is what if t mac stayed with the raptors and did not have to carry a magic team with a frequently injured grant hill.

They probably make the finals in 02 or 03 but T Mac also doesnt score nearly as much as he did in Orlando.

What if McGrady stayed with Toronto is a good one

What if Jordan hadn't retired after each 3-peat?

More like, what if he hadn't been a degenerate gambler :naughty:

Its possible they win 8 straight but who knows, exhaustion may have set in and that year and a half off did give him a chance to rest, even if he was "playing baseball" during that time.

What if the Thunder didn't blow a 3-1 lead against the Warriors?

Without KD the Warriors either have just the one title, or two max most likely.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
easily Len Bias.

He was LeBron before LeBron. A big, fast, agile, unstoppable player who would've been stepping into the Big 3 Celtics.

The butterfly effect is huge.

The Celtics almost certainly win at least another 2-3 Championships after 86

The Celtics with Bias likely beat the Lakers in 87
The Bad Boy Pistons likely dont get by the Celtics in 88

Bias becomes the new star of the team which allows the Big 3 to play limited minutes and stay healthy
With Bias at the helm, the transition away from the Big 3 in the early 90s <> a bottom out

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Roy and Oden. If they would have stayed healthy at the same time for a few years they are an NBA champion at least once.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Roy and Oden. If they would have stayed healthy at the same time for a few years they are an NBA champion at least once.

Not sure I agree with the bolded.

Also, I wouldn't include Roy in this category because it was widely known that his knees weren't going to last, even before the draft.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Not sure I agree with the bolded.

Also, I wouldn't include Roy in this category because it was widely known that his knees weren't going to last, even before the draft.
Him and Oden on the floor together were great. As great as KD was coming out of college, there was a reason Oden was drafted ahead of him. Unfortunately I think they played less than a full season of games together. Throw in LMA, you have a championship core there.

Another big what if is about the Sun's owner being cheap and trading Joe Johnson. They got Diaw back, but they should have kept him. Kind of shocking how that Suns team never got to the final either.

Same with the Thunder choosing to pay Ibaka over Harden and not wanting to go into the luxury tax the season after they made the finals and all their core players were under the age of 24.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Him and Oden on the floor together were great. As great as KD was coming out of college, there was a reason Oden was drafted ahead of him. Unfortunately I think they played less than a full season of games together. Throw in LMA, you have a championship core there.

Another big what if is about the Sun's owner being cheap and trading Joe Johnson. They got Diaw back, but they should have kept him. Kind of shocking how that Suns team never got to the final either.

Same with the Thunder choosing to pay Ibaka over Harden and not wanting to go into the luxury tax the season after they made the finals and all their core players were under the age of 24.

Blazers would have been good, but I don't know if I could see them getting by Bos or Lal. Maybe the Dallas year, I guess.

To add to the Suns thing...Sarver basically sold the Loul Deng pick to the Bulls as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->