Which cable streaming devices offer NHL Network?

Bostonzamboni

Jan 26, 2019
I don't have cable so my only option for the NHL Network is still via the Sling app? I think it was offered two years ago when I last subscribed.

But since, I've tried hulu, YouTube TV and fubo. None seems to offer it, and yes, I've suggested/complained to their customer service reps once or twice during the past year or two. They seem to carry the other sports!

With fubo, I can get the MSG Networks for all their hockey games, including pre and post game shows and featured hockey stories and a weekly hockey show! (although MSG Buffalo is not included from my Boston zip code.)

I think all these services now offer NBCSN, thankfully.

I can't just watch with a subscription on the NHL Network website?

Thanks.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
I have it on Directv Now but am on a grandfathered plan that is no longer offered (aka 'Go Big' plan). I'm following this myself since I feel that they'll try to get me moved off of my cheapo by raising prices soon...

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
I wish it would be included in Center Ice, if it was i would be much more likely to pay for it. How much does NHLN really cost a month a couple dollars at most. Add $10 to Center Ice and include NHLN. If you are going to have live games on there and black them out give people the chance to watch them without having to buy a cable package

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I wish it would be included in Center Ice, if it was i would be much more likely to pay for it. How much does NHLN really cost a month a couple dollars at most. Add $10 to Center Ice and include NHLN. If you are going to have live games on there and black them out give people the chance to watch them without having to buy a cable package

But Cable companies have the NHL exclusive TV rights (Rogers in Canada, NBC in US) so they have zero interest in doing so. Besides, most networks, including sports, now offer their own Steam apps for a fee.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
But Cable companies have the NHL exclusive TV rights (Rogers in Canada, NBC in US) so they have zero interest in doing so. Besides, most networks, including sports, now offer their own Steam apps for a fee.

Including NHLN in Center Ice would not impact the NBC games. The NBC games would still be blacked out on Center Ice. You currently got not get a stand alone subscription to NHLN, you have to buy a cable package to get it.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
It depends on your service provider. Some providers include NHL Network with Center Ice. Of course many outlets also include the channel on a lower tier package along with MLB, NFL and NBA tv.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Including NHLN in Center Ice would not impact the NBC games. The NBC games would still be blacked out on Center Ice. You currently got not get a stand alone subscription to NHLN, you have to buy a cable package to get it.

I know that. My point was that TSN/RDS have their own streaming services now, services on which they show games they have contracts for (Rds has some Habs games, TSN has Sens IIRC). So games shown on Sportsnet/TVASports are simply not shown on RDS/TSN but the point being all 4 have their streaming service.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
I know that. My point was that TSN/RDS have their own streaming services now, services on which they show games they have contracts for (Rds has some Habs games, TSN has Sens IIRC). So games shown on Sportsnet/TVASports are simply not shown on RDS/TSN but the point being all 4 have their streaming service.

I could be wrong but i dont think NHLN is in Canada only in the US due to the Canadian TV contract. If the NHL were to include NHLN with Center Ice it would for every where other than Canada. Canadian subscribers would get the same thing they do now

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
NHLN is US only.

Center Ice is differentiated between US and Canada, so that it's possible it's on one country's package, but not the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad