which C is on for the first shift this year ?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I think it will be Matthews but it's stupid that someone, somewhere will make this an issue. I can picture the main boards now.

Does Matthews feel slighted? Is Tavares able to play second fiddle? Did Babcock start Kadri to send a message to Matthews and Tavares? Sprinkle in a few Judas comments if it's an Islanders fan or their new mascot.

Reactions: kb

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
If Babcock line matches with this lineup......I'll be calling for his head. Pure stupidity. With a lineup like this, you take the reins and force other teams to match up with the Leafs, not the other way around. Other teams will be jumping for joy if Babcock tries to line match.

He said in an interview with the Athletic that he's still going to use Kadri's line as the shutdown line but that he won't need to match as much as last season.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Tavares will be the starting C (that stands for CENTRE, people) on the opening draw of opening night.
My best guess, anyways.

And Matthews first shift will be awesome to watch, odds of him scoring a goal will be 2 to 1 in the first 5 minutes. He'll be playing with a huge chip on his shoulder (in a good positive way).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad