Speculation: Which Available Defenseman would YOU like to see the Jets pick up?

Pick the one D man YOU want for our playoff run

• Total voters

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Josh Gorges would my pick for just playoff injury insurance. He's an assistant captain so likely good locker room guy, and fills the bill for the Jets getting someone with playoff experience. Yes he's in decline but getting away from Buffalo to a winning team may rejuvenate him a bit. Likely can be had with a mid to late draft pick or player like Dano. Article that speculates Gorges may be a fit with the Jets (or Blues):

Buffalo Sabres working hard to trade Josh Gorges

I’ve given thought to Gorges, but can’t really comment on if his play has fallen off a cliff. If he can no longer keep up with the speed then I’d rather not but he is a low cost experienced defender that is likely just injury insurance.

Maybe kill two birds with one stone and kick tires on cost of Girgensons to cost effectively shore up the centre ice position. He’d be an upgrade on Hendricks.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
McDonagh, we need a Defender like him to bolster the Left Side, sure Morrissey is great but McDonagh is greater and a true Elite Defensemen who can show Morrissey the ropes and give us a better chance at the Cup.

Picking up guys who don’t improve our lineup doesn’t do much at all... The only way Maurice is willing to risk chemistry over skill is if it’s significant but all these other moves won’t do a damn thing defensively except give us injury depth(in which case I’d prefer to see how Niku or Poolman does).

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
If nothing matters but "want"-- how does anyone choose a player other than Karlsson?

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
I went with Chris Tanev. I think he'd be ecstatic to join the team. He talked Brandon into signing with the Jets so he must think rather highly about our team, hasn't played on a winning team since forever and would join his brother on an overall probably fair price. The Canucks are gonna have to go through a rebuilding process very soon. I don't think they're going to be determined to re-sign him anyway.

Sure Karlsson would be a dream but it's going to only be a dream so why bother.
I think Chris Tanev would fit into the dressing room great and would provide some depth with the potential of Trouba being moved in the off-season, However after thinking a bit more about this the potential of this trade happening and thinking more about Chris Tanev I don’t think there is enough TEETH there for this trade to happen

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Getting Karlsson would be absolutely insane. He seems like he'd have the personality to mesh well with the Jets. I assume it would take one of Buff or Trouba going the other way + a first and maybe Vesalainen. If EK would consider re-signing with the Jets he could really launch the team to the next level.

Reactions: thegr8one66

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Getting Karlsson would be absolutely insane. He seems like he'd have the personality to mesh well with the Jets. I assume it would take one of Buff or Trouba going the other way + a first and maybe Vesalainen. If EK would consider re-signing with the Jets he could really launch the team to the next level.

Just saw the Mackenzie tweet saying the team to trade for Karlsson needs to take Bobby Ryan too. I don't see anyway the Jets could afford that, even a bought out Bobby Ryan has a cap hit of 3.6 million for 4 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad