Which all-talent/no heart player would you want on your team?

Who do you pick?

• Total voters

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
Say you have to pick one of these guys to be on your team. The two things all 4 of these guys have in common is an elite talent level but a poor work ethic/ lack of team game/ bad character (likely).

Mar 11, 2013
QC
Drouin doesn't have any special NHL level talent that separates him from other ~55pt players, wish people would stop with the "so much talent but no effort" label, he's not that talented at this level.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I wouldn't say Nylander lacks a "team game."

He has his shortcomings as a player, but I wouldn't characterize his style that way. When he's at his best, he sets other players up and helps them score. It's not like he hogs the puck and just keeps trying to score by himself.

He's nothing special defensively, but you can say that about other young players who aren't in this poll.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
i think that's why i trust vets more than young players, you dont know what you are drafting, you could be drafting number 1 talent with bad character jack eichel and mcdavid. i mean sidney crosby and ovi are probably the only players that were picked number 1 overall that wanted it all, no offense to rest of them.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Drouin doesn't have any special NHL level talent that separates him from other ~55pt players, wish people would stop with the "so much talent but no effort" label, he's not that talented at this level.

just incorrect

watch some drouin rushes, how he walks opponents when hes on his game with ease. not sure how anyone whos watched him can say something like that lol

Reactions: bert

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
i think that's why i trust vets more than young players, you dont know what you are drafting, you could be drafting number 1 talent with bad character jack eichel and mcdavid. i mean sidney crosby and ovi are probably the only players that were picked number 1 overall that wanted it all, no offense to rest of them.

Who says Eichel and McDavid have bad character?

Reactions: generalshepherd141

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Jonathan Drouin has gaping hole where his heart should be. I need to see more consistency from Dougie and Nylander in that department before I can put them on the same pedestal.

Galchenyuk doesn't belong here, plays with plenty of heart and always has. Just because he might be slightly disappointing to some or that he has a Russian name doesn't mean he's a heartless player.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Nylander's nonchalance and Hamilton's absentmindedness drive me crazy. So close to being greats. But they'll never get there. Ever.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
I'd have zero issue with Drouin on the Avs to reunite him with Mack. Chemistry is far more important than individual player ability... though the Sedin twins might contrast this as each played better with their brother out at times.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Nylander is the softest of the bunch thats for sure. Watching him in these playoffs has been wild to see. Havent seen a guy care so little in a long time.

Hamilton is the best player by a wide margin so he got my vote.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Hamilton for sure. He's a top 3 (at worst 5) OFD which can be a big piece for a team. Once he found a groove in Carolina he's done great for them.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Hamilton for sure. He's a top 3 (at worst 5) OFD which can be a big piece for a team. Once he found a groove in Carolina he's done great for them.

He finished the season tied for 31st in points.

EDIT: Now I realize you probably mean he is a guy who can step into the #3-#5 role on a Cup winning team, in which case I agree. I think he’s a solid #2.

Last edited:

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I'm pretty confident that he would be the 2nd most skilled player on the Flames, as well as one of their fastest skaters (if not the fastest).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad