Which Active Players Are Top 100 Players of All-Time?

Which active players are top 100 players of all-time?

• Total voters

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Do you think it would be impossible to find similar examples within the history forum's top 100 list?

This standard you are asserting - is it going to survive contact with reality?

I'm still curious about this concept of rating players by their lowest lows, as opposed to their highest highs. It seems people use one standard for the players they dislike and the other standard for the players they prefer.

What players do I prefer? Give some examples of this so I know what you're talking about, and then we can take it from there.

Stamkos was generally fairly underwhelming and didn't drive the overall bus in Tampa come playoff time. He was outshone by Martin St. Louis early on, and Lecavalier, then by Tyler Johnson, then by all sorts of players including Palat, Kucherov, Hedman, and Point, and their goalie.

I don't speak for the history forum's lists, I think I've done 2 or 3 of those over 15 years here. If you have a beef with these people I can't help you MJ, sorry.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
100 players sounds a lot but isn't that many over the entirety of hockey's history. You need to be special and crunch. Stamkos was a really good RS player/scorer, but a winger-esque C with an underwhelming defensive game, underwhelming playoff resume, underwhelming international showings, et cetera. There's just not enough meat on the bone.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Malkin, Crosby, Ovi, Makar, Kopi, Hedman, Kuch, Kane, Mack if he wins the hart, McDavid.

Oh, and Heiskanen after the cup and conn smythe

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
Stamkos is being severely underrated. People easily forget he hit 60 goals at near Dead Puck Era scoring levels. He already has 2 cups and 2 Richards with a good shot at 700 goals, 1400 career points. Pre leg injury Stamkos was unbelievable, the fact that someone like Kopitar has more votes than him is laughable.

Cape

Dec 31, 2019
Finland
5th - Mcdavid
6th/7th/8th-Crosby
9th/10th/11th - OV
Malkin-40th to 50th
Kucherov - 50th-60th (if he closes out the year with all 3 awards)
Mackinnon 70th - 80th
Drai -70th -80th
Kane 70-80th
Matthews 75th-85th
Makar -80th-90th
Malkin is between 30-40:sh

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
7 players

Crosby
Ovechkin
Malkin
McDavid
Kane
Kucherov
Karlsson

Draisaitl, Mackinnon, Matthews and Makar could make arguments years from now, but not today.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Stamkos is being severely underrated. People easily forget he hit 60 goals at near Dead Puck Era scoring levels. He already has 2 cups and 2 Richards with a good shot at 700 goals, 1400 career points. Pre leg injury Stamkos was unbelievable, the fact that someone like Kopitar has more votes than him is laughable.

See this is the thing with the discussion on him over the past couple pages. His resume on paper looks great but while he might have showed more without injuries, he was just such a no show, empty calorie player in crunch time. There’s zero chance I’d take Stamkos over Kopitar to build a team around

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad