Which active player has the most stanley cup rings??

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
NONE.

Wait a month and Sergei Brylin could have four ;)

No player who wasn't on the multi-cup Devils, Wings or Avalanche even have three.

Having had multi-cups with different franchises is more impressive than having a Brylin career.

Nieuwendyk with three different franchises is pretty impressive.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If we don't count him as being retired (playing in AHL), Mike Keane as three, too.
... And he, too, has cups on three different franchises.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
If we don't count him as being retired (playing in AHL), Mike Keane as three, too.

I was going to say Keane.

Through quick research there are a lot of guys that have 2 cup rings but not many have three. The majority that have two rings usually part of the Dallas/NJ/Colorado wins (as already mentioned). Stillman had won the Cup two years in a row (discounting the lockout) with two different teams.

skeena1

May 15, 2006

Marc Crawford on Keane: "The smartest player I've ever coached."

Coming soon to a coaching job near you.

Ogopogo*

Marc Crawford on Keane: "The smartest player I've ever coached."

Coming soon to a coaching job near you.

Is that really high praise when it is coming from possibly the dumbest coach to ever stand behind the bench?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Is that really high praise when it is coming from possibly the dumbest coach to ever stand behind the bench?
I am one of the fellow few who believed that Crawford actually hampered rather than fostered the Canucks postseason potential.

The Canucks have a real coach now and much less to play with, ofrensively, though a vastly superior goalie, granted.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Aaron Ward has 3 as well, but playing for only 2 different teams. Too bad he's not still on the Rangers or he may have had a chance at his 4th.

jerseydevil

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
NONE.

Wait a month and Sergei Brylin could have four ;)

No player who wasn't on the multi-cup Devils, Wings or Avalanche even have three.

Having had multi-cups with different franchises is more impressive than having a Brylin career.

Nieuwendyk with three different franchises is pretty impressive.

I think you forgot about Marty...and why is it more impressive if you're on different franchises rather than being a Brylin/Brodeur?

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land

I am one of the fellow few who believed that Crawford actually hampered rather than fostered the Canucks postseason potential.

The Canucks have a real coach now and much less to play with, ofrensively, though a vastly superior goalie, granted.

Where are you two when I'm trying to explain that to other Kings fans? Cloutier's ice time is just the tip of the ice berg :shakehead :help:

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Do you mean currently, as in these playoffs only, or currently as in still in the NHL?

If you mean in the NHL, Darrin McCarty has 3 rings from Detroit, Marty Lapointe has 3 rings from the Wings, Sergei Fedorov has 3 rings with the Wings, Chelios will soon have his 3rd ring (2 in Detroit, one in Mtl.)... ;)

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
It's kinda crazy that nobody in the league has won more than 3. The dynasty is no more, I suppose...

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Nope, it's the whole free-agency thing. Greedy players move around every 3 years, so they don't have the chance to win many rings. If they would stay with one great team (as all the Wings' players I named did for many years), they would have that chance. Personally, I would rather play for $100,000 less a year and get to the semi-finals or Final every year than keep moving around for dough. But that's just me.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Nope, it's the whole free-agency thing. Greedy players move around every 3 years, so they don't have the chance to win many rings.

It's actually because there are 30 teams now, instead of six or twelve, so it's less likely any one team will win the cup.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
What a random thread to dig up.

How many active guys have 4 rings? Lidstrom and Holmstrom are the only two that come to mind, but I'm probably forgetting somebody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->