Which 2015 Draftee Will Move Up the Most?

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
Please vote for Stephen Desrocher, poor kid do not have a vote so far

Done, although the player that intrigues me the most is Timashov, he seems likes he's built like a typical player from the Red Army teams from the 70s, and I think he might really be something.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
No idea, but I love the draft for skilled approach.

We read about the Leafs scouting overseas and going to their homes to meet their role models, so I hope these kids have character oozing from their pores.

Changing the character issues on the Leafs will be key to how these prospects develop.

This is a group where we don't have to say, "Oh they've got intangibles so we can disregard their stone hands, lack of skating, lack of offense."

These guys have the skill, now if Hunter and gang have correctly read their intangibles (character, heart, drive) I think there are some home runs here.

A 7th. round pick with 1st./2nd. round skill? You'd have to think the biggest riser is the guy picked last.
To suggest a 2nd. round pick is going to be the biggest riser? So people think he's going to be a 1st. round talent, which is not exactly a big move is it?

Hard to argue, he got my vote. I am liking this pick a lot.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
a lot of boom/bust picks I see in there... everyone of those could be chosen. Went with Bracco as I see potential for 1st line upside, with the rest I see more or less top 6/top 4.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Bracco. He has elite player upside imo. Can not decide for the life of me between Timashov, Korostelev, Dzierkals, and Lindgren for the next four spots.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
Every year, we draft a bunch of kids, and every year most of those kids (selected outside of the first round) are often listed towards the back half of our prospect rankings. Then, every year - one or two take eye opening, huge development strides in their draft +1 year, skyrocketing them up the rankings. (See: Connor Brown, Andreas Johnson, Victor Loov)

Who will it be this year?

#34 - Travis Dermott - a very intelligent, potentially top 4 D
#61 - Jeremy Bracco - don't let the size fool you, a solid 190lbs at 18, and elite level talent!
#65 - Andrew Nielsen - Big, western defender - intriguing potential
#68 - Martins Dzierkals - could this be a Grabovski on the wing?
#95 - Jesper Lindgren - Bergman strikes again ... and much earlier!
#125 - Dmytro Timashov - Dynamic winger who just needs some size.
#155 - Stephen Desrocher - Solid, all round player with a Mem Cup under his belt.
#185 - Nikita Korostelev - Struggled with consistency, but potentially first round talent in the seventh round!

Personally - I think Korostelev will take a big step forward. He apparently relented to the pressure of his draft year, but with the Leafs 'Sports Science' department behind him, and the desire to prove 29 teams screwed up - he could take a significant step forward.

IMO Timashov will have a big year. 71 apples is really impressive especially for a rookie, pair that with being another year older/wiser, I expect him to put up around 105-110 points.

I drafted him in 7evens mock(3rd round) so I may have a bit of a bias but IMO he's one of, if not the biggest boom/bust prospects in the entire draft.

Also, where did you get the measurements for Braccos weight? His weight at the combine was listed at 173.

Number13

May 21, 2007
IMO Timashov will have a big year. 71 apples is really impressive especially for a rookie, pair that with being another year older/wiser, I expect him to put up around 105-110 points.

I drafted him in 7evens mock(3rd round) so I may have a bit of a bias but IMO he's one of, if not the biggest boom/bust prospects in the entire draft.

Also, where did you get the measurements for Braccos weight? His weight at the combine was listed at 173.

I think he's mixing Bracco's weight with Timashov's, Dmytro is built like a tank.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
It's just a beautiful thing that we can have that many legit choices to have a great season.

I am a Bracco backer - I think he will come out of the NCAA a powerful player.

Nikita in Sarnia needs a better cast around him but the team looked better in the playoffs.

Desrocher could be the real steal of the Leafs draft - I am really curious about his potential to be a stud for the blue and white in the future. He obviously performs well in a highly structured system (Oshawa) and he could fit so well with our coaching group in the near future. He's got defensive and offensive talent (having been a forward prior to moving to the blue-line)

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Chose Nikita. I was screaming for him to be picked 4th round and on. Can't believe he fell to the 7th. I'm hoping he's a guy who proves everyone wrong and not the opposite.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bracco.

Kid is going to shut a lot of people up.

Kid is also going to make a lot of people start talking about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad