Which 1-2 punches did you want to see, but never happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rather Gingerly 1*

Psycho Joe said:
Lafleur and Dionne. Pollock had a deal on the table to acquire the #2 pick in Lafleur's draft year, but backed down. He could have picked Lafleur and Dionne 1,2. What a combo that would have been.

What Pollock have to give up?

acr*

What if Orr-Park lasted more than 8 games. If Bobby was healthy, that would've been the greatest D-Pair of all time.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
LousyBoyPHX said:
i was just thinkin Kariya, Feds and Selanne. Wouldnt you think Forsberg or Sakic centering those 2 instead would be better? Evidently not.
Well... How many games did both Selänne and Kariya play with Sakic or Forsberg? Not too many if any :P

Rather Gingerly 1*

Psycho Joe said:
Not sure. I only recall Pollock discussing that he could have gotten Dionne. I'd imagine part of the deal would probably have included the #7 and 11 picks, both owned by the Habs that year.

One of those picks would have been Larry Robinson. Goes to show sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
Gretzky and Bure in NEW YORK, not Vancouver. Neil Smith didn't want to part with Nik Sundstrum, Danny Cloutier, Manny Malhotra, and a 1st... in retrospect that would have sucked for the 'nucks. :p:

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Rather Gingerly 1 said:
One of those picks would have been Larry Robinson. Goes to show sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make
Robinson was picked in the 2nd round 20th overall. Those picks were Arnason and Murray. Either way it's just speculation on my part. I don't know for certain what was on the table, only that the Habs were to receive the #2 pick.

Last edited:

monkey_00*

Malefic74 said:
Pierre Turgeon with Brett Hull
Bobby Hull with any linemate in the 76 Canada Cup

and what would have been the most terrifying combo ever....

Wayne Gretzky and Mike Bossy.

Gretzky and Bossy both played on the 1981 Canada Cup teams...but not together on the same line.....Gretzky centered a line with Guy LaFleur and Gilbert Perreault; that was Canada's top line and the second line if I recall correctly was made up of New York Islanders players; Bossy-Trottier-Gillies.........the Russians SPANKED Canada in the Finals...........three short years later Gretzky and Bossy would once again dawn the Canadian Red Maple Leaf but again they were not placed together on the same line.......Bossy was on a New York Islanders line but this time instead of Trottier and Gillies he had Brnt Sutter at Centre and John Tonelli on the leftwing.......this was a team made up of players from both the Islanders and Oilers Stanley Cup dynasty teams.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Psycho Joe said:
Lafleur and Dionne. Pollock had a deal on the table to acquire the #2 pick in Lafleur's draft year, but backed down. He could have picked Lafleur and Dionne 1,2. What a combo that would have been.

omg.... that is so good, I can't even imagine it happening.... too good to be true... it would make your mind explode trying to imagine this one

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
acr said:
What if Orr-Park lasted more than 8 games. If Bobby was healthy, that would've been the greatest D-Pair of all time.
I'd go the other way: Orr's last season was '78-'79; Bourque was drafted in '79.

I like to imagine a healthy Orr alongside a rookie Bourque, or as a 1-2 punch: each running their own unit like Pronger/MacInnis have done.

(even though Orr was with the Blackhawks his final two seasons - I overlook that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->