Which 1-2 punches did you want to see, but never happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBear*

Due to one player being dealt or never re-signed. For me, Allison and Thornton would have been so nice in Boston. I wished the B's re-signed Allison back then, and would have probably the best 1-2 punch today!

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Well it only lasted about a half a season but Gretzky/Hull comes to mind. Too bad Gretz didnt stay there longer. he was no longer a goal scorer and Hull needed a guy like that to just feed him the puck.

PapaBear*

xXxPINTOxXx said:
Sundin - Lindros (minus a couple concussions)

Doesn't count. Both players have to have played for the same team in one point of their career, but never at the same time.

PapaBear*

heres another one I would have liked to see. But I could be wrong, I think they both may have played for the canucks at the same time.

Bure-Naslund

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
PapaBear said:
Doesn't count. Both players have to have played for the same team in one point of their career, but never at the same time.

technically no, but Lindros was practically a Leaf for a few weeks before that deal went down the crapper

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
PapaBear said:
heres another one I would have liked to see. But I could be wrong, I think they both may have played for the canucks at the same time.

Bure-Naslund

that might have worked but rememebr when everybody thought that bure and mogilny would make a deadly duo? It didn't quite work out.

I think a perfect duo is when you have a natural passer who can pop a few in the net and a natural goal scorer.

Thats why Oates and Hull is one of the best ever

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
FTK said:
Yes but Sundin played for Quebec and Lindros was drafted by Quebec...

imagine that... lindros-sundin-mogilny.... if lindros got the amount of money he originally wanted.... that would be a 25 million dollar line..... the equal of some team's total payroll

thank god for the upcoming cap... we were going down the same path as baseball crazy

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
Two deadliest pure-offense, elite-skilled RW snipers in all of hockey.

Pavel Bure and Alexander Mogilny on the top two lines of the same team.

Oh wait...

GravityGrave

Feb 5, 2005
Bure and Naslund did play together for a short while in 97-98, with Messier at centre. The line actually wasn't half bad, but Naslund still had a lot of development to do at that point.

If one were healthy, there's a chance we might have seen Bure-Jagr on the Rangers. No way they would have worked together even strength but on the PP that would have been fun to watch.

leafaholix*

Jonas Hoglund and Dimitri Khristich.

Damn you Quinn, DAMN YOU!

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
i was just thinkin Kariya, Feds and Selanne. Wouldnt you think Forsberg or Sakic centering those 2 instead would be better? Evidently not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad