Which 0-2 team has the best shot to make the playoffs?

What 0-2 team is most likely to make it to the postseason?

• NY Giants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arizona Cardinals

• Detroit Lions

• Total voters

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
We've had 5 straight years of a team rallying from 0-2 to get into the postseason, :

2013 Carolina Panthers, 2014 Indianapolis Colts, 2015 Seattle Seahawks, 2016 Miami Dolphins, 2017 New Orleans Saints.

This year, we have 7 teams trying to join the club.

Which one do you think has the best chance?

0-3 has also been done but rarely (Only 5 teams ever) and 0-4 has been done once (1992 Chargers), so these teams clearly have to get going.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Houston because I can't see an Oakland team that can't run the ball even finishing 8-8. Every other sign is encouraging except for that.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Giants started 0-2 in 2007 and then won the Super Bowl so watch out*

*Please conveniently ignore that we've also started 0-2 in 5 of the last 6 seasons and didn't make the playoffs in any of those years.

Reactions: Voight

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Think it has to be Houston. Could see Watson getting more comfortable and the last spot in the AFC seems more obtainable than in the NFC.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Houston because of division/conference.

I think Seattle is the best team but their division is out of reach and NFC WC will be tough to get.

I don’t think Houston makes it based on coaching their OL but their division is weak and the 6th spot in the AFC will be easy to get.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Houston because of division/conference.

I think Seattle is the best team but their division is out of reach and NFC WC will be tough to get.

I don’t think Houston makes it based on coaching their OL but their division is weak and the 6th spot in the AFC will be easy to get.
Division is weak, but the Jaguars will still eat them alive.

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
Like most of the above, I'm going with the Seahawks or Texans. Both started with two road losses, which I know isn't much solace, but once they start playing home games, they should start winning and get on track. The edge for me goes to the Texans because the AFC doesn't have as many great teams that look like surefire contenders.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The NFC is too competitive. Which is why it's a choice between Houston, Buffalo and Oakland.

However, if you're determined to go that way, I would take the Giants due to their division alone.

I'll also go against the grain and take Oakland over Houston. Watson might need a year to recoup and Houston itself has a history of breaking down.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Houston easily. Solid defense, Watson looks like he's going through some growing pains but is still a decent player. Only thing holding them back is their dip****coach.

The rest of the field?

Detroit - Bad. Just bad. No bite on offense, defense with holes, rookie head coach. Stafford can't decide if he wants to be the MVP candidate from a couple years ago or absolute garbage.

Seattle: Awful roster on both sides of the ball. Best case scenario is Wilson drags them to 500 before being mercifully murdered by Aaron Donald. (No seriously, at the rate he takes hit that dude is going to die)

Giants: Deluded the world into thinking they were a playoff level team with the Barkley pick. Defense is alright, offense is putrid, especially the line.

Oakland: Nope. Dink and dunk offense that can't move the ball (especially with no run game), awful defense. Probably looking at a top 5 pick

Buffalo: Lol. They'd probably be happy with 3 wins at this point

Arizona: 6 points scored in 2 games says no.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Eli Manning in his prime was not that great, his two Super Bowl MVP’s are illusion, Giants defense won them both Superbowls.

Now he is out of his prime, and Giants still dont think they need another QB. They deserve to go 0-16.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Houston easily. Solid defense, Watson looks like he's going through some growing pains but is still a decent player. Only thing holding them back is their dip****coach.
gave up 20 first downs and nearly 400 total yards to the Giants
only positive for Houston is that their schedule isn't too hard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad