Post-Game Talk: Where's the Post Game Thread?

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Oh I’m (sort of) serious. Serious part is you do have McDavid and Draisaitl, who are phenomenal. (No, I don’t want any team with a top pick to get stuck with a Yakupov.) I don’t mean win the draft lotto. I mean I want you guys to win games, so you pass us in the standings.

lol that's not going to happen anytime soon, with all the garbage contracts they have. Lucic and Koskinen and pretty much everyone besides Drai and McDavid are overpaid.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
lol that's not going to happen anytime soon, with all the garbage contracts they have. Lucic and Koskinen and pretty much everyone besides Drai and McDavid are overpaid.

How in the heck did our two teams get stuck with the Chiaelli and Benning? :eek:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Actually I don't think the Oilers have a lot of players who are over paid. The problem is a lot of dead cap space and the few that are over paid are taking up a significant amount of cap space. But aside from Lucic and maybe Koskinen this is mostly a short term problem if the next GM is smart.

Reactions: B33K33PING

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Oh I’m (sort of) serious. Serious part is you do have McDavid and Draisaitl, who are phenomenal. (No, I don’t want any team with a top pick to get stuck with a Yakupov.) I don’t mean win the draft lotto. I mean I want you guys to win games, so you pass us in the standings.

doesn't matter where the oil finish they're not in contention for the golden ticket. your biggest competition is jersey and they have the lucky lotto rabbits foot under contract one more year. Nobody can compete with that kind of voodoo.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
I can’t even find a story on TSN or Sportsnet about this game last night. Meaningless hockey. Unreal.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I didn’t watch the game but sounds like Kosko was a Swiss cheese. Also 1 goal against the ducks is pretty pathetic. On to the off season!

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I don’t think it was targeted. Both players seemed surprised and both took a pretty good tumble. Thank God McDavid didn’t blow out a knee.
Even if it was targeted, what are the options for retribution in the league today? I’m not trying to defend Lucic but the one time he tried to make a point this year the league fined him even though he made no attempt to hurt the player he went after. The NHL has made it clear the players aren’t supposed to police the game anymore. They want to do it. That’s why it’s such a disgrace they let pretty much everything go, unless it’s a bump to the head, all for the sake of game management and artificial parity. I feel bad for the players.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->