Where's Patrick Marleau?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Been looking but no news other than John Scott's tweet. Capfriendly has him listed as a FA, stll.

Has to be a case of Marleau selling high against a tighter market. Although he's not peak Marleau, he's still very much employable in the NHL, imo. You'd think a team like AZ could conclude a deal.

It would be nice to see him playing, not sitting out while the season starts.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Been looking but no news other than John Scott's tweet. Capfriendly has him listed as a FA, stll.

Has to be a case of Marleau selling high against a tighter market. Although he's not peak Marleau, he's still very much employable in the NHL, imo. You'd think a team like AZ could conclude a deal.

He is barely an nhl player as of last season and now will be a year older.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!

He's a home, taking his kids to and from school, helping them with home work, etc. Skating at sharks ice perhaps still to keep in shape.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Pretty sure he’s contemplating playing with AZ or LA or my beer league team. We made him a pretty solid offer. $675 (due) to play hockey and stay in San Jose, and we’ll likely play a game at SAP again so y’all can come watch him at the tank.

Can’t beat our travel schedule either! Only one (maybe 2) travel games in Fremont!
Cmon Patty. We need some wingers.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
He is barely an nhl player as of last season and now will be a year older.

I saw a handful of games with Marleau playing last season. Don't know if I would call him barely a NHL player. Some here on these forums say the same thing about Jumbo too.

I would think a young team looking at getting a WC berth could use an experienced guy like Marleau. That's why I mentioned AZ. They were, what?, 4 points out of a WC berth. Would Marleau's experience helping the younger guys turn two loses into wins?

I still see him playing 3/4 line somewhere.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I saw a handful of games with Marleau playing last season. Don't know if I would call him barely a NHL player. Some here on these forums say the same thing about Jumbo too.

I would think a young team looking at getting a WC berth could use an experienced guy like Marleau. That's why I mentioned AZ. They were, what?, 4 points out of a WC berth. Would Marleau's experience helping the younger guys turn two loses into wins?

I still see him playing 3/4 line somewhere.

He played top 6 minutes with the leafs franchise player with a 144 minutes of power play time and managed a measley 37 points.

As a productive hockey player that contributes to a team, no he is done. As a mentor sure he could be that.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
I'm willing to bet he's had a few offers and that he's just only willing to play for a select few teams (SJ, LA, ANA, VGK if I had to guess). I think he's 100% committed to only playing close to home and as a result is going to be sitting out awhile until one of those teams has injuries and gets desperate. I still wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the Sharks roster at some point this year, it just will be a little while if it does happen.

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof
images

Reactions: The Nemesis

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I just don't want Patty to be crushed by the Ryan Reaves, Cody Eakins, Tomas Noseks, and William Carriers of the world in the playoffs. I just don't want to see him take it, I don't think he can handle it.

Just stay home, get some Peets Coffee, take your kids to school, Patty, you've had a great career already.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I just don't want Patty to be crushed by the Ryan Reaves, Cody Eakins, Tomas Noseks, and William Carriers of the world in the playoffs. I just don't want to see him take it, I don't think he can handle it.

Just stay home, get some Peets Coffee, take your kids to school, Patty, you've had a great career already.

He wouldn't be. Different team. Different capabilities.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Pretty sure he’s contemplating playing with AZ or LA or my beer league team. We made him a pretty solid offer. $675 (due) to play hockey and stay in San Jose, and we’ll likely play a game at SAP again so y’all can come watch him at the tank.

Can’t beat our travel schedule either! Only one (maybe 2) travel games in Fremont!

What division?

Reactions: Boy Hedican

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011

15bbd5c17c.png

Hit him up

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I believed he toured Las Vegas.

I think he had interest from Arizona. Not sure about LA.

But I doubt he would go any "further afield".

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I play in 5B. were you the one yelling at the refs for a bad call last game?
Yelling at the refs? Why do you think so lowly of this man? I expect him to go over to the bench, grab his binder, go back to the ref and be like, "look man, this is your call efficiency chart....based on your rate of calls per 60 relative to your peers and since this is your +2 overage year, I've concluded that you wont have success in the majors if you ever make it there"

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Patrick Marleau is currently at home, in his basement, in the dark, with a snuggie, some fuzzy bunny slippers, and a tub of ice cream, crying to himself over the fact that he's been dumped and the Sharks have moved on.

His kids want to see him, but their mom thinks it's probably best for daddy to be alone right now.

Nick O

Nov 27, 2017
lol my b bro - I was just kidding. But we’re 5B. Do you play? I seem to remember your last name Bacon (via twitter). I play against one all the time.

lol. That’s hilarious.

That is funny, you chose a real Swift Current Saskatchewan phone number (Taco Time restaurant), LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->