Where's Mike McKee?

Octopus

May 17, 2006
I saw a list of the prospects coming to the development camp in 10 days or so and it didn't include monster Mike McKee. Are the Wings worried he might hurt someone given his aggressive play? Clearly the Wings are bulking up for their move to the East with the picks they made yesterday. I like what they did yesterday, although I would have picked another quality D with the 58th pick versus Bertuzzi. Thoughts?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I saw a list of the prospects coming to the development camp in 10 days or so and it didn't include monster Mike McKee. Are the Wings worried he might hurt someone given his aggressive play? Clearly the Wings are bulking up for their move to the East with the picks they made yesterday. I like what they did yesterday, although I would have picked another quality D with the 58th pick versus Bertuzzi. Thoughts?

Not sure about McKee but why do people think that the Wings picks yesterday indicate they are worried about the Eastern Conference when the majority of those picks won't even get a sniff for 4-6 years?

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Isn't McKee going to college?

yep and that could be the reason of his absence.

he would have to pay everything on his own to be at the camp and that IMO makes no sense for a guy who will play college the next 4 years. he still has a lot of possibilites to attend a camp the next years.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
yep and that could be the reason of his absence.

he would have to pay everything on his own to be at the camp and that IMO makes no sense for a guy who will play college the next 4 years. he still has a lot of possibilites to attend a camp the next years.

He probably enrolled early and is taking summer classes. I read a recent Andy Murray quote that suggested he was already on campus.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I like what they did yesterday, although I would have picked another quality D with the 58th pick versus Bertuzzi. Thoughts?

There wasn't any quality D left on that pick in Wings papers. They said that there was one guy left few picks before the Nastasiuk pick, but somebody else took the guy. Then they concentrated back to forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad