Where would you play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
If you were an NHL player during the lockout, and you had your choice of other leagues in which to play, which would you choose?

Take everything into account: style of play, way of life or culture-shock, money on offer (heaven forbid!), etc.

Personally, I'd probably end up in Sweden or Finland. Culturally, I'd feel closest to Finland, but it seems the money is better in Sweden.

I should point out that I am influenced by my own Finnish background, but I'm curious to hear what others think, especially those with entirely US or Canadian roots.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
007 said:
If you were an NHL player during the lockout, and you had your choice of other leagues in which to play, which would you choose?

Take everything into account: style of play, way of life or culture-shock, money on offer (heaven forbid!), etc.

Personally, I'd probably end up in Sweden or Finland. Culturally, I'd feel closest to Finland, but it seems the money is better in Sweden.

I should point out that I am influenced by my own Finnish background, but I'm curious to hear what others think, especially those with entirely US or Canadian roots.

CRHL

(Carribean Roller Hockey League)

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
If money were not an issue and it was just a hockey decision alone, I would probably play in the ECHL. The few who have made that choice (ie.Scott Gomez) have said that it brought them back to a time when they played hockey for fun. Not that there isn't a want to win and succeed and for some, move up, but there is less pressure than that of say the AHL. In the AHL the reality or at least the perception of being in the NHL is right in your sights and it's a dogfight every night. The ECHL seems to have a broader spectrum of talent, some on the way up, some on the way out who are just hanging on for the love of the game. It would take so much focus and effort to make the NHL that I'm sure the last time most of them just played for fun was when they were 12, it would be nice to feel like that again.

tritone

Aug 26, 2003
Laval
Visit site
I'd go play in the Turkish Hockey League. After a few years I would become so powerful and widely regarded as the most awesome human being in the country that I could slowly and strategically overthrow the government whereupon my first mandate would be to rename Turkey. Yes you guessed it , I would call it Chicken!

The greatest Military coup in the history of Canada!

Ozy_Flame

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
I'd become the best players on the Oilers, so I could spin those greaseheads into a quagmire - their franchise player is born in Calgary! Do they run me off the road after the game, or do they let me live and take them to the Cup? Who knows! I have all the power...HAHAHAHA!

[enter Iginla comment here].

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
it depends if I'm a star or not.

If I was a star player, I'd go to Sweden to play against the best.

If I was a 3rd liner or a 4th liner I'd go to Switzerland and enjoy the life there. I looks so wonderful. Or Maybe I'd have fun and play here in Quebec in the semi-pro league, the NAHL, just to play in front of my people.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
007 said:

switzerland - more for the local than the game - morrison playing in sweden said on 1040 here in vancouver the clutching and grabbing is 10 times greater in the elite league than the nhl - he had two assists the whole playoff - naslund no points in 6 playoff games and look what they did to forsberg - bryan allen played in russia - he stopped short of saying it was almost a waste of time -
archaic conditions -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad