Prospect Info: Where would Robertson rank in this draft?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Robertson barely qualified for last seasons draft. He is only 1 month older than lets say Lafrenier without thinking i am comparing them other than that. The numbers for Robertson are in no way comparable from last year to this year. It begs the question of where he would slot in at this years draft had he been just a few days younger.

I will be completely transparent in why i am asking help with this. It seems to me he would be the 2nd overall this season but when i look at the Robertson thread most don’t believe he has much of a chance of playing in these playoffs.

I fully believe he will play and he will produce because of the quality of this player. It seems like we need to break it down on this guy because i think many are missing something here.

So where would Leafers rank him in this draft?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief keefe

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Probably the best way to answer the question is to argue who would go before him.

I'm not schooled enough in this years prospects to know but I'm sure some around here are.

His numbers appear to be insanely good but im also hearing its a strong draft.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Wherever you have Jack Quinn ranked, put him right above him for sure.

Robertson is 8 days older, 55 goals, 86 points in 46 games on a much weaker overall team. He's 5'9", 161 lbs.

Quinn had had 52 goals, 89 points in 62 games on the OHL's and arguably the CHL's, best team (including Marco Rossi, who had the most points in the CHL). 5'11", 176.

Robertson would be in the mix with Quinn, Dawson Mercer, Dylan Holloway and Seth Jarvis this year. That almost certainly puts him in the top 15, because he could be above all 4 of them, but I don't think he is quite top 10. He could even challenge Lundell, Askarov and Sanderson in terms of skill and upside, but those guys have some positional and size value, so I am not sure I would have him in the top 10 over two of them.

So I would put him in the 9-15 range, and there are some pretty nice players in that range. The top 8 is very nice, 9-15 is probably above average, 16-40ish is about average (good prospects but nothing I would say that is significantly better than a normal draft), after that there are a bunch (possibly as much as 50) good 3rd round prospects, which means that 41-62 is below average, but pretty nice if you have picks in the 3rd round.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
His season was definitely one of the best. Laf was the only draft eligible CHL player with more primary points per game, and the QMJHL is known as an easier league to produce in. I think he'd go top 10, depending on other factors

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
His season --> new draft position --> expectations anchored to "new" draft position

is very crude and roundabout. Just cut out the middle man and compare D+1s.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I'd take

Laf
Byfield
Stuzle
Drysdale
Raymond
Rossi
Perfetti

Over him for sure

Guys like lundell/Sanderson/askarov/Holtz/Quinn are in the range where he should be selected. I'd have him in the 9-13 range for this draft.

Reactions: Cypruss

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
His season --> new draft position --> expectations anchored to "new" draft position

is very crude and roundabout. Just cut out the middle man and compare D+1s.

Well the one good thing is that you can pretty much directly compare him to Jack Quinn, who is only 8 days younger, played in the same league, is pretty much the same size and put up north of 50 goals last year as well.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
But how good is he, actually?
Hopefully he can show us in training camp and qualification round i guess. That’s quite the OHL season he just put up compared to these guys in this draft that are his age. He played a complete game apparently on pk,pp and in general all important minutes against the best quality of competition.

Hopefully we get this questioned understood better soon enough bear

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
yea for sure

57036702.jpg

Reactions: BoredBrandonPridham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad