Where would Eric Fehr go in this years draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Captain Conservative said:
Eric Fehr missed eligibility for this draft by just a few weeks, much like Ovechkin. Where would you pick him in this years draft if he was available?

Actually, Fehr just qualified for last year's draft in the opposite way of Ovechkin. Fehr is much younger than most of the kids in his draft class while Ovechkin will be much older than most of the kids in his draft class.

CapitalPunishment

Apr 9, 2004
Maryland
CapsFan@Vassar said:
Actually, Fehr just qualified for last year's draft in the opposite way of Ovechkin. Fehr is much younger than most of the kids in his draft class while Ovechkin will be much older than most of the kids in his draft class.

but the question was where would he go in this year's draft? I say top 10

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
sounds like most thing eric would end up about where he ended up last year. his 50 goals this year were great. i am just not sure that many on these boards really care about fehr. if he had not been drafted, who knows if he might be in fact a top 10 pick.

But he was selected by the Capitals and so logically dropped off a lot of radar screens.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Eric Fehr missed eligibility for this draft by just a few weeks, much like Ovechkin. Where would you pick him in this years draft if he was available?

1.Ovechkin
2.Malkin
3.Tukonen
4.Barker
5.Olesz
6.Schremp
7. Schwarz
7a. Fehr
9. Radulov

(edited)

Last edited:

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
CapsFan@Vassar said:

Doh. What I said would have made sense if I hadn't have mentioned Ovechkin.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I don't believe Ryan Stone would not go in the top 30 in this draft.

If I can read through the double negative, I think that you are saying that Stone would not be a top 30 pick . . . you are entitled to your opinion, but I think that you are sniffing a bit too much of the AO drug and it is effecting your judgment.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
This year I'd bet Stone would go top 30, this is not as strong as a draft class as last year.

Fehr would probably go considerably higher. Somewhere around 10-15, maybe?

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I would place Eric Fehr at the 5 or 6 spot. This kid has huge upside with goal scoring ability (50 goals in WHL), size (6' 3") and potential to put on lots of weight to his skinny frame, and strong hockey sense. Add a fiesty, sandpaper game and Eric Fehr's potential projects into a special player.

I saw Eric Fehr at the Canadian WJT Summer Camp. He was a late addition and played outstanding. Full motor all the time and scored lots.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Behind Enemy Lines said:
I would place Eric Fehr at the 5 or 6 spot. This kid has huge upside with goal scoring ability (50 goals in WHL), size (6' 3") and potential to put on lots of weight to his skinny frame, and strong hockey sense. Add a fiesty, sandpaper game and Eric Fehr's potential projects into a special player.

I saw Eric Fehr at the Canadian WJT Summer Camp. He was a late addition and played outstanding. Full motor all the time and scored lots.

I really like the young Andreychuck comparison.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
EroCaps said:
I really like the young Andreychuck comparison.

Yes, I would say this is a pretty good comparison. One exception though I think Eric Fehr will play a much more gritty, physical game and is a better skater.

I think the Caps got a good one with Eric Fehr.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Behind Enemy Lines said:
Yes, I would say this is a pretty good comparison. One exception though I think Eric Fehr will play a much more gritty, physical game and is a better skater.

I think the Caps got a good one with Eric Fehr.

I'm not sure you get any grittier than Dave Andreychuck, but he's certainly a better skater. :)

db23

Andrew Ladd is just a couple of months younger than Fehr and about the same size. Ladd is projected to go top 10. He would be the best comparison. I wouldn't say that Fehr was a better prospect than Ladd however. WHL watchers probably have a better idea of how these two compare.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
As a WHL watcher and Calgary resident, I for one would take Eric Fehr over Andrew Ladd. Similar size and stats as you point out, db23. However Fehr has more experience in the WHL and improved his point totals (29-30+) each season for the past two years.

I like both players but just feel Fehr has more upside - especially when he matures physically.

Last edited:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
The only thing Fehr and Stone have in common is a jersey. Fehr is a much better NHL prospect. I agree that he'd be going anywhere from 7-10 this year. Stone maybe 25-30.

Hitman*

monster_bertuzzi said:
Fehr>>Ladd

IMHO, Ladd benefited greatly from Getzlaf and others.

And just think, just one short year ago, Ryan Getzlaf didn't deserve to go in the top 20 because he benefited from Sjostrom. Ladd can do things on his own, we can also say that Fehr benefitted from playing on one of the strongest teams in the league.

Ladd is the safer pick, but his upside isn't nearly what Fehr's is.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Hitman said:
And just think, just one short year ago, Ryan Getzlaf didn't deserve to go in the top 20 because he benefited from Sjostrom. Ladd can do things on his own, we can also say that Fehr benefitted from playing on one of the strongest teams in the league.

Ladd is the safer pick, but his upside isn't nearly what Fehr's is.

The Wheat Kings weren't that good this year, man. It's looking like Fehr at #17 was a major coup for McPhee. About time, he and scout director Mahoney are obsessed with the WHL.

BTW, good luck to the Flames!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->