Player Discussion Where Will They Be? The Left Wings

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
People will never learn re:burakovsky

Reminds me of the issues of The Hockey News player breakdown about Peter Bondra prior to his breakout.

They all ripped on Poile on a yearly basis as Poile insisted he’d be a 50 goal scorer but the “experts” said “we just don’t see it!”

Burakovsky may not be the scorer Bondra was but he has immense potential and the Caps need to see it out.

Show some patience. Most of you would have traded Wilson prior to this year

I say

Ovechkin
Vrana
Burakovsky
Chiasson/walker

I’m not so sure they don’t bring Chiasson back on a minimum contract.

Cheap veteran depth that the team is comfortable with

I don't know BR, there's a slowness to Bura's decision making that usually can't be coached away or grown out of with experience.

On the other hand, he has had injury issues over the last couple of seasons, so it's possible he puts everything together if he can stay healthy. I wouldn't bet on it though. Also, there was a picture or video of him at the beach last summer with his shirt off and he looked super doughy. Dude is the opposite of cut. Maybe he could get on an effective fitness program? Might make a difference.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
He has great wheels and a wicked shot so I think those are two things that can’t be taught.

His worst possession numbers for a year was around 53% and that was him being centered by possession black hole Beagle.

I want to see how this movie plays out. If we move him we are selling when his value is at an all time low. I think he can be a 20/50 guy despite not getting good PP time nor top 6 minutes.

Great chemistry with Eller too

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I both agree and disagree. Burakovsky has an elite shot and release. Vrana and Johansson are no where near Burakovsky in terms of pure finishing and goal scoring ability. Out of those three Vrana is the best skater, Johansson the best passer, and Burakovsky the best finisher. With goal scoring depth at a premium across the league letting go of a guy with clear 30G potential would be a risk.

Yes to JC over Bura and if it's that simple I agree, but I think it's more complex than that. Or maybe it isn't and I'm just overthinking things.

He has a hard wrist shot but I wouldn't say an elite release. He doesn't place it where he wants and it takes him a bit of time to get it off. His release isn't disguised so it goes on the Ds shin pads.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Bernie Sanders is an elite left winger, would be a great depth signing in the offseason. :naughty:

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
If Bura got his shot off as fast as V then he’d be a player. I don’t think Buras shot is much if at all best than Vrana. Vrana is quicker, Bura is still good though.

Agree that whilst a reasonably smart player, he is defendable as he gets poked from behind and anywhere really with his slow decision to shoot. If he was a bit more ‘reckless’ with his shooting decisions he may well be a better player.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Dominant is a huge exaggeration. He was put with good players and played well. Terrible skater...injury issues. I didn’t miss him a minute as a Caps fan.

Recall the Bs finished in last place the year the trade was made and it allowed them to pick Jumbo Joe #1 overall

Next year they made the playoffs. Jason Allison was their leading scorer with 83 points (30 goals)
Khrisric was 2nd w 69 points and no one else w 50. He led them in goals, assists and points. Same team that was worst in league year before

He was tied for 4th overall in scoring in 2000-1 as well

In our playoff series he was their best player and we couldn’t get the puck away from him in our zone. They went from worst in the league to a playoff team that should have beat us with him being their best player all year round.

He had 4 more outstanding years being their top center and point getter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->