Where will these players go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
what round do you expect these players to be drafted and if anyone has any info on them please feel free to post it. Thanx in advance.

David Booth L Mich CCHA
Brett Carson D Cgy WHL
Justin Peters G StM OHL
Bruce Graham C Mct QMJHL
Blake Comeau R Kel WHL
Jordan Smith D SSM OHL
Joe Barnes C Ssk WHL
Jordan Morrison C Pet OHL
Justin Keller L Kel WHL
Jordan Foote L Nan BCHL
Blake Friesen D Ben USHSW
Mark Heatley R Wis WCHA
Dustin Slade G Reg WHL

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I like Booth a lot, if not for his foot speed, he'd be a sure fire 1st rounder, as I really like his powerful skating stride. He plays physical, has good size, good skating, nice shot and passing. I hope the Habs land him somehow, but whatever team gets him will be getting a top notch prospect. I'll guess and say Booth goes in the 2nd round.

Bruce Graham I also like a lot, maybe more then most around here, but he's a 1st rounder no doubt about it. I've spoken with one professional scout who is extremely high on him and thinks he'll go in the top 15. He's big, skates well but for his size he's not that physical which tends to frustrate fans. I'll say he goes in the top 20-25.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
bobbyorr4ever said:
Is Mark Heatley, Dany's brother...thought I read this before but wanted to confirm...What's the deal with Mark?
yep he is

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam031003/nhl_atl1-sun.html

heatley_mark_mhky_03_01hf.jpg

i dont know about his draft position but hes almost 20 and has just 3 goals in his freshman year

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Good call on Booth, montreal. :bow:

Mark Heatley will likely be a later round pick. I can't see Heatley going before the 4th round. He's not nearly as skilled as his brother, but Heatley is tenacious and works hard. He's also a pretty good skater.

Hockeystick

Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
I have watched Justin Peters play about 10 times. After backing Andy Chiodo last year as a 16 year old, Peters has been the workhorse for St Mikes (Toronto) Majors. He is one key reason why St Mikes are rated 9th in Canada. IMO, I think he has lots of potential. Played 3149 minutes, with a 2.65 gaa and sv% of .910. Just got his 5th shutout the other night. He is barely eligible for the draft....two weeks from going in 2005. Big kid @ 208 lbs and 6'2"....uses a butterfly style so he covers the net well--goes down so one of his weakness is covering the top of the net. IMO, he handles the puck outside the net better than most goalies in the OHL. Played in the Prospect game...made some nice saves to help Team Orr win the game. In the NHL closed scout skill competition, he came first among the four goalies (Dudynk, Shantz and Ellis) in all skating and puck control events. Even had the hardest shot- 49.8 mph. He was rated 4th for NA goalies by CSB in midyear ranking. I expect his ratings will increase with his strong performance over the past few months. He has an aura about him that looks very confident. He strives on lots of work and appears to have a very good work ethnic and attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad