Where will Mo go?

Where will Moritz Seider play in 2019-2020?

• Total voters

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Anywhere but CHL. Only concern about AHL is fighting aspect/goonery.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Hopefully the CHL. I voted Germany cause I think that is where he will be.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I think it's Germany or the AHL.
Voted AHL.

He's already been playing against men so going to the CHL is a back step imo.
Another year in Germany would be good for him but I feel like the AHL is the best spot for his development.
In GR his progress can be monitored more closely and a plan for his nutrition/exercise/off ice habits would be easier to track.

Reactions: hkydave04

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hopefully Germany. Too crowded in NA.

We need to let certain NHLrs go to free slots open for current guys in AHL and that frees a lot for Seider after next summer.

Reactions: Realgud

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Anywhere but CHL. Only concern about AHL is fighting aspect/goonery.
I don't really see it like that. CHL is a decent place for him to acclimate to NA, on the ice and off. He would certainly get a lot of minutes and in all situations. Kind of a simulation of being a 1D. As far as men go, he'd be a division rival of Mr Quinton Byfield. I don't believe Owen Sound is expecting him, however.

I think Germany is most likely FWIW.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
All are viable options, if they really want him to go work on his offense, I would send him to the CHL. We might work a trade to a Memorial Cup contender, but get him playing 25+ minutes a night and feeling confident on that side of the puck.

I know a lot of people will talk about the downgrade and I am worried about him getting in bad habits. I do think he would dominate the OHL, a lot of the people doubting the pick would shut up in quick order when he started dunking on kids in that league. The only way I send him back to Germany is a promise of decent ice time and special teams unit. If Mannheim cannot agree to that and I understand that they might not then he goes to GR where we have more control in my opinion. Still a part of this is Seider's decision. He might want to get paid and be in pro hockey with the CHL not being a big option once they sit down and talk.

To firmly vote on it, I want to see him at the prospect tournament and camp. If it is Germany right now, I wouldn't even be bringing him over for either of those as his earning top pairing role and special teams time should be a priority. Their season starts on September 13th from what I can tell, if that is the option pull the plug on it now and put him in a position to succeed as best possible on his club this year. If we are bringing him to camp, I prefer NA at that point.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't really see it like that. CHL is a decent place for him to acclimate to NA, on the ice and off. He would certainly get a lot of minutes and in all situations. Kind of a simulation of being a 1D. As far as men go, he'd be a division rival of Mr Quinton Byfield. I don't believe Owen Sound is expecting him, however.

I think Germany is most likely FWIW.

We should get him traded over to Sudbury so he and Byfield can start working on chemistry...:naughty::popcorn:

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
We should get him traded over to Sudbury so he and Byfield can start working on chemistry...:naughty::popcorn:
Saginaw Spirit on line 2, Sir.

--

**I think I was wrong about the division, Owen Sound and Sudbury were in the same division back in the day but I guess Sudbury went to East conference when Belleville moved to Hamilton or something**

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
I hope he grabs an NHL job out of training camp. Seems mature enough, and the D is weak enough for him to be able to compete for a spot.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I think it’ll be GR because it’s the most controlled environment.

Ultimately, the Griffs are the only option that is managed by the Wings organization.

Reactions: Gniwder

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
What will going back to Germany accomplish? He's already had success there. Seems like a neutral and possible waste of a year. Test is abilities and mettle in AHL. Give him a cup of coffee or more this season if he transitions well.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I hope he grabs an NHL job out of training camp. Seems mature enough, and the D is weak enough for him to be able to compete for a spot.

I do not think that would be the right call at all. You don’t go from playing 10 minutes a night in the DEL straight to the NHL. Kid needs to build up some confidence first and log big minutes somewhere before we put him in the NHL.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
He looked like he can already play with and against NHLers at the WC. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the Wings but I think he most likely will start the season in GR. If for some reason (injury) he is deemed not to be ready for the AHL, I think it would be best for him to play in the CHL and to acclimatize to NA and NA hockey.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I do not think that would be the right call at all. You don’t go from playing 10 minutes a night in the DEL straight to the NHL. Kid needs to build up some confidence first and log big minutes somewhere before we put him in the NHL.
I think if he was playing 10 minutes a night in the DEL that he wouldn't have been offered a shot on the German national team and played a lot more than 10 minutes an night for them at the IIHF WC.
Why do you make things up?

Last edited:

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Does the DEL keep TOI stats?

Or is that just a guess on how much he was playing?

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Does the DEL keep TOI stats?

Or is that just a guess on how much he was playing?
The IIHF does and he played a lot more than 10 minutes a night for Germany at the WCs. If he played 10 minutes a night for Mannheim he wouldn't hjave even been a consideration for the national team. Lol.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think if he was playing 10 minutes a night in the DEL that he wouldn't have been offered a shot on the German national team and played a lot more than 10 minutes an night for them at the IIHF WC.
Why do you make things up?

Someone posted his DEL ice time, and it was right around there. No idea why you’re so aggressively assuming I’m “making things up”.

Reactions: Lil Bert

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Someone posted his DEL ice time, and it was right around there. No idea why you’re so aggressively assuming I’m “making things up”.
I am not assuming you are 'making things up', just wondering what the source is for that TOI.

Perhaps next time I will phrase it differently.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I am not assuming you are 'making things up', just wondering what the source is for that TOI.

Perhaps next time I will phrase it differently.

Not you, the other poster calling me out without taking the time to even try to do 2 seconds of research themselves. (while being wrong)

Here is the post from a German poster in our Seider thread on his TOI:

For comparison here is the TOI for all Mannheim defensemen. (I don't have the PP and SH TOI for the others because I would have to compile them manually going through every single game report and I don't have time to do that right now).

Regular Season:
PlayerGPTOI
Joonas Lehtivuori4119:12
Sinan Akdag5218:49
Mark Katic5118:31
Thomas Larkin3318:00
Brendan Mikkelson4716:48
Denis Reul4716:42
Cody Lampl3414:19
Moritz Seider2912:13
Janik Möser2310:25
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Playoffs:
PlayerGPTOI
Joonas Lehtivuori1420:06
Thomas Larkin1418:52
Mark Katic1418:34
Sinan Akdag1218:28
Denis Reul1418:08
Brendan Mikkelson1413:42
Moritz Seider1411:49
Cody Lampl208:51
Janik Möser000:00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

So it was 12 minutes, not 10. But as you can see, he was at the bottom of the totem pole on his team.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Hopefully he stays in Germany. The CHL is crap and the AHL isn't much better from a skill development standpoint. Let him continue to develop in Germany and play against the best in his age group in international tournaments and then bring him over when he's ready to play in the NHL.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Not you, the other poster calling me out without taking the time to even try to do 2 seconds of research themselves. (while being wrong)

Here is the post from a German poster in our Seider thread on his TOI:

So it was 12 minutes, not 10. But as you can see, he was at the bottom of the totem pole on his team.
I actually looked up the DEL website after reading your comment but couldn't find ice-time stats and it took me a lot longer than 2 seconds and I didn't know that a German poster posted ice-time stats so there is no way I could find that.
10 minutes was an exaggeration but am still surprised that he played as little as he did but was still a consideration for the national team and that he played much more than that for the national team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->