Speculation: Where will Erik Karlsson be traded to?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Lots of stuff.

Severson
Santini
Zacha
Mcleod
Bratt
Butcher
Ty Smith
Wood
Quenneville
Seney

Could all be candidates to be a part of a deal.
No disrespect meant, but I don't see any of those pieces trumping what any of TB/VGK/DAL could offer. Those are the 3 teams to watch, IMO. Anyone else is behind them. All 3 of those teams have a piece that immediately gets the deal done if offered, and of those teams, only TB is likely to offer that piece.

Not to say NJ couldn't make the deal happen, but given that there's not been much buzz about EK resigning anywhere, I'd be real hesitant to give up what would be required to get him.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I'm starting to get the feeling that they might be crazy enough to plan to go into the season with EK and try to get him to "buy in" to this new rebuild strategy before reevaluating his situation around the deadline.

Basically, they're gonna take a chance of getting a much smaller return at the deadline in hope's that he likes what he sees the first half of the year and wants to stay.

:rolleyes:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
tenor.gif

Be sure to like and subscribe. check my blog

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Lots of stuff.

Severson
Santini
Zacha
Mcleod
Bratt
Butcher
Ty Smith
Wood
Quenneville
Seney

Could all be candidates to be a part of a deal.
They would have to give up multiple players which would hurt them more than adding that one player.
He needs to go to a team that needs that one player to make them a SC contender. That's not NJ.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
They would have to give up multiple players which would hurt them more than help them adding that one player.
He needs to go to a team that needs that one player to make them a SC contender. That's not NJ.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Why wouldn't he want to sign long term with NJ? They're a young fast team with a fairly bright future. His play style would perfectly compliment the team - with Karlsson the Devils would be a dramatically improved team.

I know you don't want to hear this but...

They play in Newark. They are like the ugly stepbrother of the Rangers and Islanders. Do you think Karlsson wants to play in NJ for the final 8 years of his career? I'm not trying to be rude, just saying.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'd do this. Don't like cirelli in there but this is a fair offer.
@Boxscore It's cheeky, but I get why you did it.

The Tampa 2019 draft picks are up in the air. If Tampa wins the Cup in 2019, their first goes to NYR, if not, their 2019 2nd...

So, with your deal.... it would have to be something like... If Tampa wins the Cup in 2019, Ottawa would get their 2nd and 2020 1st. If Tampa doesn't win the Cup, Ottawa gets 2019 1st and 2020 2nd.....

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Meanwhile if he trades point and Sergachev in return for Karlsson and we will publicly lynch him.

Why would he do that? What team is offering a return close to Point and Sergachev? San Jose couldn't even touch that offer. Either could Dallas unless they were willing to give up Heiskanen+++. Vegas would need to give up Marchessault and Theodore to match that, and Sergachev is better than Theodore.

Blackhawk93

May 2, 2018
Is Vegas the only team who can afford to take Bobby Ryan as well? Because you know the cheapskate Melnyk wants to get rid of that contract as well. Hence how Vegas can keep Cody Glass.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Vegas would now have to send salary back

A Vegas deal would likely look similar to...

TO VGK
- Karlsson
- Ryan

TO OTT
- Tuch
- Theodore
- Hague
- Clarkson (salary dump)
- 1st
- 2nd

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Why would he do that? What team is offering a return close to Point and Sergachev? San Jose couldn't even touch that offer. Either could Dallas unless they were willing to give up Heiskanen+++. Vegas would need to give up Marchessault and Theodore to match that, and Sergachev is better than Theodore.

It was merely a statement that I'm nervous for this transition into the new head brass. I respect Vinik and believe he is the best owner in professional sports, and I trust his hiring process. Still going from a GM of Yzerman where we knew exactly what his strengths and his weaknesses are. JB is a complete unknown for us. We just hope he learned as much as he can and keep the ship in the right direction that Yzerman pointed us too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->