Speculation: Where will Erik Karlsson be traded to?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I think the Bolts will make a great case. I think the Sens will ask for Point. I'm not a Sens fan, but for this particular case, I wouldn't want picks at all..I mean..this is NOT the year to fully tank and the Bolts won't have a high enough 1st. If they can keep Duchene, get Point and still have Logan Brown + Pageau they could have Duchene/Point/Brown/Pageau down the middle and that ain't so bad. They could ask for Sergechev..I guess that would be ok as well.

They should have taken the original offer from Vegas...I am not so sure Vegas is still interested? They do have a ton of defensive depth though.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Wrong forum. There is a trade forum where you can speculate where a player will be traded to.

Last edited:

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
I think the Bolts will make a great case. I think the Sens will ask for Point. I'm not a Sens fan, but for this particular case, I wouldn't want picks at all..I mean..this is NOT the year to fully tank and the Bolts won't have a high enough 1st. If they can keep Duchene, get Point and still have Logan Brown + Pageau they could have Duchene/Point/Brown/Pageau down the middle and that ain't so bad. They could ask for Sergechev..I guess that would be ok as well.

They should have taken the original offer from Vegas...I am not so sure Vegas is still interested? They do have a ton of defensive depth though.

Tampa will not trade Point. No way. The guy could become a superstar C and allows them to have a disgustingly dangerous second line right now

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I still think Vegas makes the most sense.

You think they will still go for Karlsson after having acquired Pacioretty? Suzuki could’ve been a part of the Karlsson package, now they have to dig even deeper into their farm.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Don't think he will be traded to anyone, he will either sign a extension if the ownership changes or he walk at the end of the season.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I wonder if there is a chance where E.K has made it 100% clear that he is going to UFA no matter what. With that in mind the Leafs have a ton of non roster youngsters that would really help jump your rebuild. guys like Lilj, Bracco, Brooks, Sandin, Grundstrom, SDA etc I can see a pkg that has very good long term value but Sens fans won't like it cuz it won't have the name value.
1st+Sandin/Lilj+Brown

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I wonder if there is a chance where E.K has made it 100% clear that he is going to UFA no matter what. With that in mind the Leafs have a ton of non roster youngsters that would really help jump your rebuild. guys like Lilj, Bracco, Brooks, Sandin, Grundstrom, SDA etc I can see a pkg that has very good long term value but Sens fans won't like it cuz it won't have the name value.
1st+Sandin/Lilj+Brown

Ottawa didn't offer him a deal that is worth market value ($10M a season, not front-loaded?), so it's hard to know.

Ultimately, they offered something they knew he wouldn't accept so that afterwards they can say that they tried.

But he's not going to Toronto.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Ottawa didn't offer him a deal that is worth market value ($10M a season, not front-loaded?), so it's hard to know.

Ultimately, they offered something they knew he wouldn't accept so that afterwards they can say that they tried.

But he's not going to Toronto.
I would love to have him for this year but more than anything I don't want him in Tampa

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
There is zero chance he comes to Toronto. Having $30M+ in 3 players and potentially $45M+ in 5 players just doesn't work in the cap system. Not sure how you fit the other 18 players in the remaining ~$40-45M.

As for where he goes, I'm guessing somewhere in the west, maybe a Cali team.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
There is zero chance he comes to Toronto. Having $30M+ in 3 players and potentially $45M+ in 5 players just doesn't work in the cap system. Not sure how you fit the other 18 players in the remaining ~$40-45M.

As for where he goes, I'm guessing somewhere in the west, maybe a Cali team.

I mean if he is coming to Toronto unless it is as a UFA they will be moving one of the big three.. If they moved a package of say Nylander + Liljegren + 1st 2019 + conditional pick 2020 based on playoff performance (say making the finals in either year) they move a huge package of futures but really, they let Gardiner walk and are in the same situation cap wise as they are without them.

Then the top core would be

Matthews
Marner
Tavares
Karlsson
Rielly

That's a good enough core to win with.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Damn, I hope it’s not the Sharks. That’s a scary enough team as is. Not sold on Jones as a regular season goalie but he’s undeniably good in the playoffs.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
At this point my gut tells me Ottawa will be foolish enough to keep him the entire season...

Or at the very least until the TDL where he's traded to... VGK.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

0 chance TB parts with Brayden Point. Yzerman's been waiting a long time to get a clone of himself on the team. More seriously, our center depth can't handle losing him.

I do think we'd part with Sergachev IF, and only if, there's an extension in place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad