where to watch the NHL in Germany ?

penaltykiller

Feb 19, 2007
province of quebec
Guten tag guys !

I don't know if it is the right place to post this or if there is already a thread about this. If so ,I apologize.

I will be visiting Germany for tourism purposes in early may. I can't wait. I'll see Berlin and Munich.

Since my trip will be during the NHL playoffs, i was wondering if you guys knew any place to watch hockey on TV in these cities ?

Vielen dank !

p.s i hope germans have patience with francophones who speak 50 words of german with a heavy accent :laugh:

Salzig

I am laudable.
Feb 28, 2007
Bonn, Germany
Guten tag guys !

I don't know if it is the right place to post this or if there is already a thread about this. If so ,I apologize.

I will be visiting Germany for tourism purposes in early may. I can't wait. I'll see Berlin and Munich.

Since my trip will be during the NHL playoffs, i was wondering if you guys knew any place to watch hockey on TV in these cities ?

Vielen dank !

Well... It's a bit difficult to watch NHL over here, since 7 pm eastern games start at 1 am over here and games are broadcasted on ppv only. You could try an American sports bar, but even most of them close around 3 am.
On the other hand, if you find a place that shows NHL playoffs in Germany, chances are good that this place is in Berlin. It's the largest city in Germany and they've got a big hockey community over there, too. Good luck!

p.s i hope germans have patience with francophones who speak 50 words of german with a heavy accent :laugh:

Don't worry, as long as you speak English you're fine. Most people (and I really mean most) speak English, moreover you'll still find quite a number of French speaking Germans as well.

Salzig

I am laudable.
Feb 28, 2007
Bonn, Germany
Interesting. I will be in Munich late next week for a couple of days. Might have to check it out.

I strongly doubt that they show any games there. There is no European TV-deal in place, so the only possibility to watch NHL games is via Game Center.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Thanks for the update. No big deal if I can't see any of it. I'm in Germany on vacation not for watching hockey.

Will the World Championships be on regular TV?

P.S - How long has the NHL been without a Euro TV deal?

modano

Mar 29, 2010
WC will be on Sport1
This is the first season without NHL TV deal in Germany. The years before games were on NASN/ESPN America.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
This is not directly related to the OP, but Sport1 US will show NHL hockey next season.

I really hope this doesn't affect Gamecenter for me.

Salzig

I am laudable.
Feb 28, 2007
Bonn, Germany
This is not directly related to the OP, but Sport1 US will show NHL hockey next season.

I really hope this doesn't affect Gamecenter for me.

I'm hoping this, too. But last time there was an European TV deal in place, even games which were broadcasted in Sweden were blackout games in Germany. :(

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I'm hoping this, too. But last time there was an European TV deal in place, even games which were broadcasted in Sweden were blackout games in Germany. :(

If games are blacked out, does that mean they are just not available live?
I don't get to watch many games live anyway, so as long as I could still watch them as replay later on, I would be able to live with it.
At least the games on Sport1 US will have the original commentators. So I could even bear watching these games there.
Although I really love the option to choose between the home and away feed on Gamecenter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad