Where to watch in 2021

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I'm also on board with the way they make you watch games being absolutely ridiculous.

If they want to grow the game, allow people to watch it instead of making them have to pay for some stupid packages or jump through hoops.

It's exacerbated this year because of the fox sports deal being all up in the air. Ridiculous.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
An equivalent is this at McDonald’s:

Customer: “I’d like a Big Mac”
Cashier: “Well we have a bundle with two Big Macs, 20 nuggets, and two large fries for $12.99.”
Customer: “How much for just one Big Mac?”
Cashier: “Sorry, we don’t sell them individually.”

Let us buy the damn Big Mac on its own.

The be fair the NHL.tv subscription did offer a cheaper price for only watching one team's game's compared to all of them last season. But I do agree the league is behind the time in other aspects, the fact that there is no 4k offering in 2020 is pathetic.

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
fsn is now available on dish as well. sinclair has indicated they want fsn to be offered as a standalone, but who knows how long that will be.

edit: two dish reps lied to me. they still don’t have a contract with sinclair. directv only.

Last edited:

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I wonder how much sinclair would charge for FSN as a standalone subscription. I would imagine they would stand to make an insane amount even if they just asked for $5 a month for it. I pay 5 a month for peacock so I really would hope that it's not more than that but these sinclair guys seem like greedy ass holes

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I wonder how much sinclair would charge for FSN as a standalone subscription. I would imagine they would stand to make an insane amount even if they just asked for $5 a month for it. I pay 5 a month for peacock so I really would hope that it's not more than that but these sinclair guys seem like greedy ass holes

They are indeed. I'm guessing the standalone FSNs will be a premium, likely over $10/mo, more towards the $20 mark.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
VPN/DNS with an Apple TV and NBA league pass did not blackout the suns game for me, which was on Fox Sports.

sounds like this will be working with the Coyotes but I will report back come game day

NHL TV + VPN - $33 a month

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
VPN/DNS with an Apple TV and NBA league pass did not blackout the suns game for me, which was on Fox Sports.

sounds like this will be working with the Coyotes but I will report back come game day

NHL TV + VPN - $33 a month
NHL TV + VPN is what I’ve been doing for last 6 years or so and it’s always worked fine.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
NHL TV + VPN is what I’ve been doing for last 6 years or so and it’s always worked fine.

Sick! I’m excited. I was tempted to do ATT TV but I didn’t feel like shelling out an extra $50 a month when I was only gonna to watch the Coyotes. (I don’t watch cable).

I’m so excited this avenue seems to be working flawlessly! And I’ll get every other game in the league.

Reactions: Jormungandr

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Sick! I’m excited. I was tempted to do ATT TV but I didn’t feel like shelling out an extra $50 a month when I was only gonna to watch the Coyotes. (I don’t watch cable).

I’m so excited this avenue seems to be working flawlessly! And I’ll get every other game in the league.
Yeah, I watch a ton of games other than coyotes games and even give my account info to my brother and sister and we all watch simultaneously with no issues.

Reactions: moosemeister

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Yeah, I watch a ton of games other than coyotes games and even give my account info to my brother and sister and we all watch simultaneously with no issues.
Do you all live in the same area? I'm curious if this would work for my brother and I since I'm overseas and he's not. I've once in a while had issues with my setup detecting me being logged in elsewhere when I switch from say watching on the PC to chromecasting to the TV via my phone app.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Do you all live in the same area? I'm curious if this would work for my brother and I since I'm overseas and he's not. I've once in a while had issues with my setup detecting me being logged in elsewhere when I switch from say watching on the PC to chromecasting to the TV via my phone app.
We do now, but not in the past. We watched, simultaneously, as far as 1600 miles apart.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Made sure my vpn set up was working last night... Let me just say that if you're having issues with it, it can be a frustrating pain. But, I got it ready for this season!

First time trying this whole setup since I used to just pay for the streaming (which is stupidly not an option now), will update with results.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting article in today's WSJ on the RSNs moving to streaming.

BLUF: "Sinclair’s goal is to make regional channels’ existing Bally Sports streaming apps—which can be accessed by people with a pay-TV subscription—available to cord-cutters"

Sinclair plans to launch streaming subscriptions sometime in 2022. "Pricing has yet to be decided for Sinclair’s regional sports networks, but analysts and industry experts estimate an individual channel with live games could cost $30 or more a month."

NBCUniversal Explores Streaming Its Sports Channels or Selling Them Off

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Details on Bally Sports streaming are out, and $23 per month is the price being quoted. If all you watch is the Coyotes, then the cost is going up from NHL.TV. But if you also watch the Dbacks and Suns it's a good deal. If you have access to all of the markets Bally Sports covers, it's a smoking deal.

"The plan is to launch in the first half of 2022.” Which means this might not be in place for next hockey season...well that sucks.

upload_2021-6-11_15-11-59.png

upload_2021-6-11_15-12-21.png

upload_2021-6-11_15-12-40.png

Sinclair Aiming for $23/Month Streaming Plan for Bally Sports in 2022 | Cord Cutters News

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Details on Bally Sports streaming are out, and $23 per month is the price being quoted. If all you watch is the Coyotes, then the cost is going up from NHL.TV. But if you also watch the Dbacks and Suns it's a good deal. If you have access to all of the markets Bally Sports covers, it's a smoking deal.

View attachment 446204
View attachment 446205
View attachment 446206

Sinclair Aiming for $23/Month Streaming Plan for Bally Sports in 2022 | Cord Cutters News

Seems like a step in the right direction for me haha. I did the whole "get NHLtv subscription and a VPN" deal for this last season and it could be a pain in the ass sometimes when my computer didn't want to cooperate with that whole vpn business. Also, the national games were just impossible (which I find utterly stupid).

If the price for Ballysports was a bit lower, it would be a no brainer to me to switch. However, at this price point it's debatable if the (hopeful) convenience would be worth the extra money. I haven't really done the math and how much it would REALLY cost me, but I like having the option at least.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Seems like a step in the right direction for me haha. I did the whole "get NHLtv subscription and a VPN" deal for this last season and it could be a pain in the ass sometimes when my computer didn't want to cooperate with that whole vpn business. Also, the national games were just impossible (which I find utterly stupid).

If the price for Ballysports was a bit lower, it would be a no brainer to me to switch. However, at this price point it's debatable if the (hopeful) convenience would be worth the extra money. I haven't really done the math and how much it would REALLY cost me, but I like having the option at least.

Barely more than the cost of a beer and a hot dog at the game. :D

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Not a bad deal, but I think I’ll stick to NHL tv and a DNS. I don’t care about the DBacks until October and I’d rather watch other NHL games than the Suns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->